QI U-Turns - Moving back to BBC Two Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ March 4 2011, 1:40 PM GMT

James May could be quite good, but I'm not sure if he'd know quite when to stop waffling on, as interesting as it may be.

Yep, he'd be worth a try-out as a guest. I find Danny Baker, Sean Lock and Jimmy Carr usually make some good interesting contributions amongst their gags. Can't stick Johnny Vegas though Angry

I'm dreading S for Stomachs, they'll probably have that Corden idiot on pulling his shirt up. That is his act isn't it? Rolling eyes

Quote: Agnes Guano @ March 4 2011, 10:57 AM GMT

I like the episode where Alan Davies...

I remember that episode. It was not my favourite.

Regardless of whether Davies is dumb, playing dumb, or none of the above, there is just no need for a regular panelist. And for me he is the reason I only watch the show when I catch it rather than regularly.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 4 2011, 1:13 PM GMT

I'm not sure about replacing Stephen. After all, who would you replace him with?

David Mitchell, obviously.

If Stephen wanted to leave for some reason, I would indeed enjoy Mitchell as a replacement!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 4 2011, 1:13 PM GMT

I'm not sure about replacing Stephen. After all, who would you replace him with?

Maybe a woman curve-ball like Germaine Greer.

Anyone but Alexander Armstrong.

I'd like to see either Brian Cox or Dara O'Briain take over.

I also agree there's no need for regular guests. Alan Davies and Phil Jupitus are so tedious, and Jo Brand seems to be resting on her laurels, it would be good to get some new blood in there.

I don't want to see Fry replaced, but I'd like to see Davies go and some different guests appearing.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 4 2011, 10:17 PM GMT

Phil Jupitus are so tedious

He's just not funny anymore. And to be honest, I'm not sure he ever was.

I don't watch it any more, not since I got used to its M.O. of a snooty Fry dismissing long-established things that have at least an element of truth as falsehoods, and replacing them with half-truths or theories as though they were established facts.

If it continues (and there's no good reason why it should) then they should go back to the idea of "quite interesting" facts rather than trying to debunk centuries of established wisdom for the hell of it. And get rid of Fry.

Davies isn't great but it's not totally his fault that Fry plays him off as buffoon.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 4 2011, 10:17 PM GMT

Jo Brand seems to be resting on her laurels

Yup.

Quote: Badge @ March 4 2011, 10:33 PM GMT

I don't watch it any more, not since I got used to its M.O. of a snooty Fry dismissing long-established things that have at least an element of truth as falsehoods, and replacing them with half-truths or theories as though they were established facts.

If it continues (and there's no good reason why it should) then they should go back to the idea of "quite interesting" facts rather than trying to debunk centuries of established wisdom for the hell of it. And get rid of Fry.

:)

Quote: Badge @ March 4 2011, 10:33 PM GMT

I do still like the show
But am also often slightly Irked by the above.

True, you can't exactly challenge the local Pub Quiz organiser with, 'Ah, but last night on QI, Stephen Fry said something that blows your theory out of the water'. They don't like it.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 4 2011, 11:46 PM GMT

True, you can't exactly challenge the local Pub Quiz organiser with, 'Ah, but last night on QI, Stephen Fry said something that blows your theory out of the water'. They don't like it.

:) I don't suppose it's stopped you though.

Last time I was in a Pub Quiz I put the the three main languages of China as Mandarin, Tangerine & Satsuma.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 4 2011, 11:58 PM GMT

Last time I was in a Pub Quiz I put the the three main languages of China as Mandarin, Tangerine & Satsuma.

Wait for series T and S - you might be right.

:D