Peep Show - Series 7 Page 17

I watched that one last night :D

Quote: chipolata @ January 4 2011, 10:04 AM GMT

What was that again? Mark chasing those chav kids?

Oh yes!

You want a taste of my steel? :D

Was watching an episode last night and with Jez's fascination with the bum and Mark's obviously against the whole idea, it got me thinking to a storyline. Just wanted to know if you thought it was as good as it is in my head.
The whole episode would need another plot as well, it couldn't revolve around this one plot obviously, it wouldnt have the legs. But here goes..

Mark and Dobbie are in the bedroom having some sexy time and Mark accidentally goes into 'hole 2' and Dobbie freaks out. Mark tries defending himself, 'Dobbie I'm not a bum guy, you know that! It's Jeremy who likes that, it was a mistake honestly. Please try again and.. a cringeworthy line to finish.'
Mark feels ashamed of himself for ages, Jez winds him up about it etc. But then Dobbie comes around to the idea and Mark doesn't know what to say. And he's suddenly roped into trying it with so many confused thoughts going through his mind.

And at the end, after Dobby enjoys it, Mark suddenly thinks 'Jeremy was right all along.'
So he walks into the kitchen with Jeremy and Superhans are there looking longingly at him. Mark goes, 'I done it.'
Jeremy, 'up the asspipe?'
Superhans, 'the express tunnel?'
And Mark goes, 'Yes I did it up the bum!'
Jez and Superhans high five each other, Superhans shakes Mark's hand and says 'I never knew you had it in ya... you should f**kin try it in the ear next time.'
Jeremy hugs him and is genuinely delighted! Mark walks away and turns back and Jeremy smiles and sincerely says, 'I am so proud of you Mark.' And Mark walks away happy with his inner monologue, 'I've finally done something in my life that I can be proud of.' And end credits. :)

Crude? Yes. And it may be hard to film scenes like that, but I think, with some genius lines that Peep Show is famous for and the whole 'bum' thing between Mark and Jez over the years, it would be class.

Be honest, you're just sharing your masturbatory fantasies aren't you?

Quote: sootyj @ January 5 2011, 10:57 PM GMT

Be honest, you're just sharing your masturbatory fantasies aren't you?

Haha! O yes of course :P

Quote: Matmerismo @ January 2 2011, 1:53 AM GMT

Another brilliant series of Peep Show. Quality of writing is as good as it's ever been in my opinion and episodes 3 and 4 are up there with my favourite of all time.
Series 8 in Spring 2012, it seems so far away :(

Aww, crap! On the show page it indicates "A new series of this comedy is in production."

I was hoping there would be another series in the fall. I guess the status hasn't been edited since this past series was in production.

Er, no, the status is updated, and correctly states that further episodes are in production. It gives no indication of when they'll be broadcast or what stage of production they're at, but it's not inaccurate or out of date.

Interesting... I thought the statuses were usually accurate, but that perhaps one had slipped through.

Is it likely they would film the next series and then leave it 'in the can' until next year?

I'll tell you what is wrong, the bit that describes them as twenty-somethings.

I guess they were when it started. How old are they now, do we know?

Quote: zooo @ February 5 2011, 12:05 AM GMT

Mid thirties. Late thirties by the time the next series airs.

Quote: zooo @ February 5 2011, 12:05 AM GMT

They're now younger than ever, on average, because there's a baby's age to factor in.

Quote: Andicus @ February 4 2011, 11:59 PM GMT

Is it likely they would film the next series and then leave it 'in the can' until next year?

No - the main reason it's not coming until next year is tht Mitchell and Webb are busy with other projects.

Best show I have ever seen. Please keep making this brilliantly fantastic show. I just came upon it a few weeks ago and can not believe that this show is not HUGE in America. These guys are true comedians!!!

Peep Show Forever!