Sitcoms that urgently need a DVD release Page 6

Indeed they do. But do 'most' people not have the bigger brands though? I've personally found that people seem to go for what appears to be the best, or what was in the bundle when they bought their huge flatscreen, which is often the big brand that the shop are pushing at that point.

Of course, even if the DVD player handles them fine, some TVs get pissy...

In short, it's a multi-pronged issue.

I would like to see 'The Legacy of Reginald Perrin' and 'Grace & Favour' released on dvd. Oh, and the rest of 'Are You Being Served' or do I mean a complete box set?

Probably. I just want everything. But then I'm greedy like that.

(I particularly want The Frost Report. And Citizen James. And about a million other things.)

I know its a sketch show but Harry Enfield and Chums needs a DVD release - genius programme.

Id love to see Lee and Herrings tv stuff, and Newman And Baddiels-including Mary Whitehouse. And, instead of just a so called best of, complete dvds of whats left of cook and moores tv shows. None of which are sit-coms, but I dont think there are any that I desperately want that arent available. Oh, and monty python series with extras, I refuse to buy until they bring out the inevitable extra packed sets. rip off merchants.

I really want to see 2 Point 4 Children and Birds of a Feather to get a proper release at long last, Please Please Please! It is long overdue.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 25, 2007, 6:43 PM

Id love to see Lee and Herrings tv stuff, and Newman And Baddiels-including Mary Whitehouse. And, instead of just a so called best of, complete dvds of whats left of cook and moores tv shows. None of which are sit-coms, but I dont think there are any that I desperately want that arent available. Oh, and monty python series with extras, I refuse to buy until they bring out the inevitable extra packed sets. rip off merchants.

How about this one?

Everything Ever In One Gloriously Fabulous Ludicrously Definitive Outrageously Luxurious Monty Python Box Set

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/3476375/Monty-Python-Monster-Boxset/Product.html]

Quote: Richard Saunders @ November 25, 2007, 7:02 PM

I really want to see 2 Point 4 Children and Birds of a Feather to get a proper release at long last, Please Please Please! It is long overdue.

If what I've heard recently is true, then this is unlikely. Certainly so for the forseeable future. I'm pretty sure that it will happen at some point, but it could be a good few years away at best.

Quote: Aaron @ November 25, 2007, 9:33 PM

How about this one?

Everything Ever In One Gloriously Fabulous Ludicrously Definitive Outrageously Luxurious Monty Python Box Set

It looks good, but I dont think the series itself has any real extras, its just all the episodes and all the films in one box. Im sorry to geek out, but I want documentaries, interviews and extra material for each series!!

Connected slightly but they had a compilation record years ago called Monty Python's Instant Record Collection. The cover folded out like a box with the spines of about 50 different fictitious records with joke titles. I never got it but have the cover.

"The Milkman Whistles Stockhausen", "It's All Over my Friend" by Earl K Vomit& the Metabolic Processes, "The Wonderful Sound of Hip Injuries" to name but a few.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 25, 2007, 9:46 PM

It looks good, but I dont think the series itself has any real extras, its just all the episodes and all the films in one box. Im sorry to geek out, but I want documentaries, interviews and extra material for each series!!

There are the personal best bits, which I think include interviews? And does it include Aspen? As for documentaries and anything further, I personally wouldn't hold my breath. Of course, you could acquire things through other means, but if I were you I'd buy what I can, whilst I can, as cheap as possible. If more comes out at some point, then there's always eBay. Or you could of course do a good deed and give them to a charity shop. Not Oxfam though, bloody foreign-loving bastards. *shakes fist*

Quote: Deferenz @ November 8, 2007, 4:03 PM

I would like to see 'The Legacy of Reginald Perrin' and 'Grace & Favour' released on dvd. Oh, and the rest of 'Are You Being Served' or do I mean a complete box set?

Grace and Favour:
See Amazon product listing

Need a multi-region DVD plaayer for that though. For some reason it's been released in the States (Where it's known as "Are You Being Served? Again").

I also think a complete Reggie Perrin set is available on Amazon, which includes The Legacy.

Complete series 1-10 of AYBS may only be available on region 1 too. Ho-hum.

I've been thinking of buying a multi-region DVD player so I can buy Mork & Mindy.

The last few series' of AYBS? on R2 will be out next year, followed very soon after by the inevitable complete collection box set.

And as far as I'm aware and can make out, Legacy isn't available at all. Unless you were talking about R1, in which case I'm surprised any of Reggie is available.

Quote: Aaron @ November 25, 2007, 9:33 PM

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 25, 2007, 9:46 PM

It looks good, but I dont think the series itself has any real extras, its just all the episodes and all the films in one box.

I think this boxset does have a few extras (the Life of Brian has quite a few bonuses attached) but I know what you mean.

Sadly I think this probably going to be your lot as the word 'Definitive' has been included in the title there. If they were to bring out something better later on they'd certainly anger all those that bought this boxset.

Quote: Aaron @ November 8, 2007, 5:28 PM

Probably. I just want everything. But then I'm greedy like that.

(I particularly want The Frost Report. And Citizen James. And about a million other things.)

I have a nasty suspicion that The Frost Report was wiped along with TW3, Not Only But Also and all the other good comedies of the 60s. Filmed inserts occasionally survived but studio tape was almost always replaced.

Well, there's to be another nostalgia type show this Christmas, The Frost Report is Back!, which Mark and I attended the studio recording of. Plenty of original material in there to lead me to think otherwise.

Thank f**k.