Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 27

There was line by Pam Ferris in the last episode that made me do a LOL - "You can't just plough into it like a rapist" :D

Quote: bushbaby @ August 25 2010, 12:09 PM BST

To me the genre is the problem here, it's a comedy/drama and not a situation comedy. The dialogue is too lengthy as well, IMO

It may not be laugh-a-minute like, I dunno, 'Allo 'Allo! or Blackadder, but there's no drama in Grandma's House so it's certainly not comedy-drama.

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2010, 2:12 PM BST

It may not be laugh-a-minute like, I dunno, 'Allo 'Allo! or Blackadder, but there's no drama in Grandma's House so it's certainly not comedy-drama.

I sort of meant like this......"Drama is a composition in prose or verse presenting in dialogue a story involving conflict or contrast of character."
There definitely is conflict....they never stop arguing.

Quote: bushbaby @ August 25 2010, 2:50 PM BST

I sort of meant like this......"Drama is a composition in prose or verse presenting in dialogue a story involving conflict or contrast of character."
There definitely is conflict....they never stop arguing.

Conflict is more than just people bickering though, it's more to do with a character wanting something and something/someone getting in the way of that goal.

Conflict also applies to sitcom as much as it does to drama.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 25 2010, 3:05 PM BST

True dat.

Incidetally I once sold a pair of DAT players using the same pitch.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 25 2010, 3:05 PM BST

Absolutely it does but it also has a lot of laughs.
I'm just watching Two And A Half men and I'm laughing almost every other line. It is so funny. That's what I class as a sitcom. But most probably it's written by a team of writers.

Well, it's a taste thing, I've found myself laughing quite a lot at this show.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 25 2010, 3:39 PM BST

Well, it's a taste thing, I've found myself laughing quite a lot at this show.

That must come into it but on the Digital-spy forum there's 150 posts [possibly more by now] on GH and none of them like it.
As I said, for me, I would perhaps have liked it from start off if I hadn't been expecting sitcom

I still like it, very good.

Just watched episode three on iPlayer and thouroughly enjoyed it! I noticed at the end that Jeremy Dyson was script editor and Pamela Wylde was script supervisor!

Didn't realise Dyson had a hand in this.

I didn't notice Jeremy Dyson's name.
Come to think of it, he is basically an older Simon.