Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 24

I still love it!
It has kind of a nice relaxing (although slightly depressing) feeling to it, especially with the weird clockwork/ticking clock music inbetween scenes.

I'm officially converted. The second half of tonight's episode was glorious.

Agreed. First time I've actually properly laughed at this show this week.

I laughed several times! Amstell is still very non actory compared to the others, but it's not a problem.

thought I'd try again and actually I did enjoy this one but only chuckled once.

Another corker! "They all shit you know".
Only realised he was gay last night. It has endeared me to him all the more.

Quote: Charley @ August 24 2010, 10:59 AM BST

Another corker! "They all shit you know".
Only realised he was gay last night. It has endeared me to him all the more.

me too

Noticed here's been nicking lines form Curb Your Enthusiasm ('Jewface' and 'acting without acting') in Episode three.
Minor quibble though, I enjoyed the Mike Leigh type family chaos going on and some nice running jokes about Amstell's lack of acting ability.

Probably more than one Jew uses the word Jewface. I doubt Larry David invented the phrase!

Even if he did hear it on Seinfeld 20 years back, I think it's probably okay to use it, it's hardly a nicked 'line'. :)

Quote: zooo @ August 24 2010, 1:07 PM BST

Probably more than one Jew uses the word Jewface. I doubt Larry David invented the phrase!

Even if he did hear it on Seinfeld 20 years back, I think it's probably okay to use it, it's hardly a nicked 'line'. :)

Exactly, people are very quick to notice a 'nicked' line or idea in a sitcom, as though because they recognise something, there's no way it couldn't have been purposfully stolen.

Quote: zooo @ August 24 2010, 1:07 PM BST

Probably more than one Jew uses the word Jewface.

I use it all the time and I'm not even Jewish!

David Bussell and his Jewface:

Awww, lovely lovely Gene.

Fair enough on the jewface one but he will not get away with the 'acting without acting' line.

This is only slightly nerdy passing observation though, I'm enjoying the series and wish to make it clear that I no way seek for Mr Amstell to be clapped in irons in the comedy plagiarist dungeon.

Quote: youngian @ August 24 2010, 1:40 PM BST

Fair enough on the jewface one but he will not get away with the 'acting without acting' line.

This is only slightly nerdy passing observation though, I'm enjoying the series and wish to make it clear that I no way seek for Mr Amstell to be clapped in irons in the comedy plagiarist dungeon.

'Acting without acting' is an old theatre term. You might as well have a go at Larry for nicking it off my high school drama teacher.