Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 29

I forgot to watch it

Well I haven't been converted by one good episode but that snidey sarcastic put down stuff is what Amstell does best so I was glad to see a whole episode devoted to it. Two lines were outstanding, one about Fearne Cotton, seemed spot on to me, and one to his moaning auntie, "Who else has children? Oh, everyone!" That had me loling, if I say so myself. :D :O Angry Bah.

I thought this week's episode was really good. I'm starting to get over my annoyance at his poor poor acting.

Can you really call it poor acting? If he is playing himself then only he knows how he would react in certain situations.

Anyway, have watched all 4? so far. Enjoyed them all.

Surely no one actually speaks like that in real life though... as though they're straining their mouths so they don't laugh? He's a lot more natural in the presenter's seat - I just assumed that the real him was a quieter version of presenter him.

Edited by Aaron.

No one*

(Please don't hurt me.)

Quite enjoy this, maybe more so because I've never seen his show. I wonder if it might have worked better as a one off drama - a 3 act type of affair.

Well I think in the 70s this is what this would have been, a Play For Today, and without the swear words and constant penis references.

Since the ground (and wind) breaking Royle Family, this sort of prog is seen as standard sitcom fare now. Include Roger & Val in that as well, a real throwback to 70s offbeat comedy drama.

I keep forgetting this is on.

What, while you're watching it?

Teehee.

I love this show.

I'm particularly impressed by the writers giving Simon a distinctive interaction with each of the other six.

This programme is not a sitcom. It's not funny.