Baby Cow comp Page 6

Quote: SlagA @ November 9, 2007, 1:11 PM

Background for readers:

John Lennon wrote a political song in the 70s called "Woman is the Nigger of the world". It was a Yoko Ono quote that Lennon liked and turned into song. It caused a minor controversy back then but the word was NOT used in its derogatory racial sense but in drawing a comparison between the domestic, economic, social 'slavery' of a 70s woman with the historical political slavery of the negro population in the West.

[SEE FULL TEXT ABOVE]

Yep thanks for pointing that out, Mr Slag A!!! :)

It certainly did offend a few folk in the Seventies that's true but Noughties politically correct sensibilities are now so exagerrated that they'll call you a racist c**t as soon as look at you... tsk! tsk! When will the bigotry end, eh? ;)

All we saying is Give Peace a Chance!!

Quote: Stylo @ November 9, 2007, 6:23 PM

Bet no-one thought to include at least one reference to The Flintstones
ha ha ha!

Were the Flintstones around in the 1950's?

The 1950's Dad has gone 40,000 years into the past, not travelled into the future!!! ;)

Quote: David Bussell @ November 9, 2007, 5:57 PM

I'd be interested to see other people's offerings too. Maybe we could vote to see which of them is the most popular even.

Great idea ... and sorry to all posters who want to keep this thread on topic, I am one of the protagonists in taking it off topic... but I am crafting my entry now and would also be keen to see the entries of others post the comp finishing... be interesting to see if we agree with the judges verdicts too!

Frankie xxx

Yep, I'm happy to post, post deadline too.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 9, 2007, 6:58 PM

Were the Flintstones around in the 1950's?

The 1950's Dad has gone 40,000 years into the past, not travelled into the future!!! ;)

You know what I'm going to say, don't you?

Quote: Aaron @ November 10, 2007, 12:40 AM

You know what I'm going to say, don't you?

Probably!

I've been waiting for someone to.. ;)

I just had a stab at this comp and in true 4laughs techno-brilliant style got the following automated response:

Thank you for contacting 4Laughs with your comments, this address is only for 4Laughs related questions, if you wish to contact Channel 4 about anything else or want your comments formally recorded please visit our help section www.channel4.com/contact
Warning end of message may have been corrupt, missing crlf detected 99

Hmmmm! Anybody got a clue? Am I in or out would you say?

i got the same, and i haven't a clue!

Honestly their tecchno side is completely s**t.

I gave up going over there for that reason. You'd think that a major media outfit could get the basics correct wouldn't you?

yeah, i don't like them much either at the minute but for different reasons.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ November 11, 2007, 3:05 PM

I just had a stab at this comp and in true 4laughs techno-brilliant style got the following automated response:

Thank you for contacting 4Laughs with your comments, this address is only for 4Laughs related questions, if you wish to contact Channel 4 about anything else or want your comments formally recorded please visit our help section www.channel4.com/contact
Warning end of message may have been corrupt, missing crlf detected 99

Hmmmm! Anybody got a clue? Am I in or out would you say?

Don't worry about that - everyone gets it, your entry's arrived safely.

"The 1950's Dad has gone 40,000 years into the past, not travelled into the future!!! ;)"

Yabba dabba what..?

Thanks Michael

Quote: Stylo @ November 11, 2007, 7:34 PM

"The 1950's Dad has gone 40,000 years into the past, not travelled into the future!!! ;)"

Yabba dabba what..?

He! he! 1950's Dad could NEVER have seen 'The Flintstones' because it didn't start 'til the 1960's!!!

Ho! ho! ho! ho! ho! he! he!

So ... he! he! he! ner ner ner ner ner!!! :)

The Slagg Brothers sent Sir Alf Ramsey back into the past. He told the England FA that's how much preparation time he need to get England ready for the '66 World Cup. Obviously his plan worked.
;)

We were going to send John Toshack back but the Wales FA calculated he'd have to go back to before the big bang and even then the outlook wasn't good.

I got wind of this comp about 30 minutes before I went out so I cobbled something together about a xenophobic (hope that’s spelt right… Aaron!) Dad going to the Netherlands and being awfully English about everything.

If I win I will fall off my chair, it’s not a great sketch.

Good luck everyone else
Wave

My one wasn't one where I sent a 1950 year old Dad back to caveman times where he watches Peter Caveman Kay's stand-up 'Do you remember when spears were made out of wood...'