UFOs Page 11

Anyone who does not believe in the existence of ET life is an absolute moron. The Ancient Astronaughts were the Original Trendsetters, but more is to the point: they existed.

Life elswhere in the universe, yes, the chances are surely more probable but have they visited earth?

Quote: jim field @ August 17 2010, 8:35 PM BST

Anyone who does not believe in the existence of ET life is an absolute moron. The Ancient Astronaughts were the Original Trendsetters, but more is to the point: they existed.

Is that deliberate?

Errr

What?

And in answer to random - yes, the evidence is there. Seriously, look up Ancient Astronaught, you'll find out.

Quote: jim field @ August 17 2010, 9:20 PM BST

What?

And in answer to random - yes, the evidence is there. Seriously, look up Ancient Astronaught, you'll find out.

Oh right.

I did.

http://204.74.214.194/forum1/message1138204/pg1

Nurse ! Nurse !

Quote: Nogget @ August 17 2010, 5:55 PM BST

Why?

Because experts have said it would be very hard to fake.

Quote: random @ August 17 2010, 8:32 PM BST

The footage in that video (and all others) could so easily be fake.

Is it not we believe because we want to believe!

This is the problem. All footage could be fake to the general public who know nowt about effects techiques. So basically, filmed footage means nothing anymore. But to people with an eye for CGI tomfoolery, fakes can still be easily detected. And yes, there are shitloads of fakes about. But there are loads that aren't fakes - like the Mexico UFO swarms for instance that were filmed by hundreds of people at the same time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJEYzrrGt4Y&feature=related Some people have said they're balloons or even geese. These people are morons.

Next question that people usually ask is "Why aren't these clips on the news then?" Well because the government doesn't want them there. Simple as. And the ones they do allow are always presented as a jokey "and finally" segment.

Lee the idea that any government can manage a real cover up is rather improbable.

If they are real more likely mass denial of a truth people find threatening.

We've had this discussion before, but governments would love aliens and UFOs on the news to take the electorates mind off cuts and crime etc.

Quote: sootyj @ August 17 2010, 10:59 PM BST

Lee the idea that any government can manage a real cover up is rather improbable.

If they are real more likely mass denial of a truth people find threatening.

I think it's a little naiive to think the government don't cover stuff up Soots. It goes on all the time. You ever heard of a 'D-Notice'?

Quote: Leevil @ August 17 2010, 5:49 PM BST

I think it's more likely that aliens walk among us, then sightings of genuine flying saucers. That's not to say they do. But I'd be more willing to believe that they'd make contact then just hovering around in the sky for a bit above a small wooden shack in the desert.

than* x2

Quote: DaButt @ August 17 2010, 5:09 PM BST

UFO proponents tend to be the same kind of people who deny the moon landings.

I find it tends to be the other way around. Why would someone not believe that we can get to the moon, but believe that beings from other, distant worlds can get here?

Quote: chipolata @ August 17 2010, 10:59 PM BST

We've had this discussion before, but governments would love aliens and UFOs on the news to take the electorates mind off cuts and crime etc.

I don't thnk so. I genuinely think there'd be mass panic. You only have to go back 60 years to the broadcast of War Of The Worlds in the US to see what people do when they think aliens are on the loose. Complete pandemonium. Millions of people panicked, locking themselves in cellars, loading their guns, some headed for the Hills, wrapping wet towels around their heads to avoid the Martian death-gas.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 17 2010, 11:04 PM BST

I think it's a little naiive to think the government don't cover stuff up Soots. It goes on all the time. You ever heard of a 'D-Notice'?

as I said numerous times, they try, fail, then find noone actually cares

look at the abortion of the war of error and tell me that shower of idiots could conceal anything

Quote: Griff @ August 17 2010, 11:13 PM BST

This is the problem with all these discussions though, whether it's fake moon landings or aliens walking among us. Sooner or later, us non-experts have to defer to the word of experts, or at least, choose which expert's testimony we find most convincing.

That's the same with everything though isn't it? If my bog's knackered I'll call a plumber, and hope he's a good 'un.

Quote: sootyj @ August 17 2010, 11:14 PM BST

as I said numerous times, they try, fail, then find noone actually cares

look at the abortion of the war of error and tell me that shower of idiots could conceal anything

You're mixing up the dealing of the Government (capital G) with the government; including the secret services and shady corners of military and research, who would likely be the types of people concerned with such affairs.

It's akin to proving that an orange is yellow by showing a banana.

Ah shaddap you.