UFOs Page 12

Quote: Aaron @ August 18 2010, 1:19 AM BST

Ah shaddap you face.

Quote: Griff @ August 17 2010, 11:41 PM BST

Me reckons I could sit on that & swallow it whole. Peel the fooker too from inside.

Experts agree that this footage was definitely not faked.

http://tinyurl.com/2exba7e

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 17 2010, 11:14 PM BST

I don't thnk so. I genuinely think there'd be mass panic. You only have to go back 60 years to the broadcast of War Of The Worlds in the US to see what people do when they think aliens are on the loose. Complete pandemonium. Millions of people panicked, locking themselves in cellars, loading their guns, some headed for the Hills, wrapping wet towels around their heads to avoid the Martian death-gas.

We live in a very different age. In the same way that the Bush administration were in seventh heaven just after 9/11 because they were allowed to do whatever they like, and never be questioned, I believe the same would happen with aliens. Polticians love a good crisis so they can look all statesmanlike on the world stage.

And we could get blown up at any minute by terrorist nutballs, so I don't think the idea of aliens incinerating us with death rays would be anymore scary.

I suppose the most succesful cover up was Station X. If you watch The World At War made in the 80s it didn't mention Enigma, 40 years on quite a cover up.

But that was a few hundred (or maybe a couple of thousand) brain boxes and ancilliary staff in a country house. Small really.

Compare it to SDI or The Manhattan Project. In both cases people spoke and the real secrets were out in years.

And as for these superduper secret agencies alluded to; how much do their agents get paid? where do their kids goto school? Did they ever hire someone with a secret addiction?

It's the lack of human fallibility that's ridiculos.

Actually, much of Bletchley's history was revealed in the 1970s - but The World At War was broadcast from 73.

John Major having an affair with Edwina Curry was covered up quite effectively.

Quote: chipolata @ August 18 2010, 1:19 PM BST

John Major having an affair with Edwina Curry was covered up quite effectively.

That's a proper alien encounter.

Quote: roscoff @ August 18 2010, 1:20 PM BST

That's a proper alien encounter.

Which one's the alien, though? Eh?

Quote: jim field @ August 17 2010, 9:20 PM BST

And in answer to random - yes, the evidence is there. Seriously, look up Ancient Astronaught, you'll find out.

:D

For a minute I thought you were actually being serious

Rolling eyes

Quote: Aaron @ August 18 2010, 1:17 PM BST

Actually, much of Bletchley's history was revealed in the 1970s - but The World At War was broadcast from 73.

I stand corrected, so we're talking 30 years of cover up.

My Grandma worked at Bletchley. I don't think she ever understood quite what she was involved in.

My grandma made parts of bombs.
Or something. In a factory.
I wasn't really listening. :(

Maybe some of them went to Dresden!

Maybeee.