UFOs Page 10

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 17 2010, 3:42 PM BST

This is some of the most compelling ufo footage I've ever seen, shot in Turkey by an amateur photographer. It gets interesting about 2:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89KkYMS8jkk

If that's the best footage then somebodies going to have to go a lot better to convince the sceptics. Plus there's no way aliens would visit Turkey. Not with their human rights record!

UFO proponents tend to be the same kind of people who deny the moon landings. It makes my head spin.

Quote: roscoff @ August 17 2010, 3:59 PM BST

If that's the best footage then somebodies going to have to go a lot better to convince the sceptics.

Bloody Hell Roscoff what do you want, a piccie of an alien sat on the bog in his spaceship? :D The problem is that with the REALLY impressive footage is that people always cry "fake!". There's loads of pinsharp images and vids of UFOs flying around the net that could be faked in Photoshop or a 3D programme, so it's hard to sort the truth from the bollocks. The video I posted though is widely regarded to be genuine. Although some people have said they might be boats. Yes. boats. Eh?

The fact is that there are a lot of people who simply refuse to believe in even the possibility of the existence of UFOs.

What I say to them is out of all the hundreds of thousands of sightings, videos, photos, reported abductions, and all the rest - if just ONE of those was true, then UFOs do exist. To me it's far more improbable for such a vast amount of people (including astronauts, fighter pilots, etc) to be completely wrong, every single time.

I think me and DaButt went head to head on this subject a while ago. As far as I remember he's one of the die-hard skeptics of which I speak. Rolling eyes

If that video is real (as in not faked) I think it's far more likely to be humans in there testing ships we've made or found.

But I do rather want it to be aliens.

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2010, 5:22 PM BST

If that video is real (as in not faked) I think it's far more likely to be humans in there testing ships we've made or found.

But I do rather want it to be aliens.

So do I. But even secret human technology that advanced would be very cool too. People used to think the B2 stealth bomber was a UFO when it was going out on secret test flights but didn't officially exist.

Yep, it's all still really fascinating and exciting stuff.

I think it's more likely that aliens walk among us, then sightings of genuine flying saucers. That's not to say they do. But I'd be more willing to believe that they'd make contact then just hovering around in the sky for a bit above a small wooden shack in the desert.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 17 2010, 5:20 PM BST

Bloody Hell Roscoff what do you want, a piccie of an alien sat on the bog in his spaceship? :D The problem is that with the REALLY impressive footage is that people always cry "fake!". There's loads of pinsharp images and vids of UFOs flying around the net that could be faked in Photoshop or a 3D programme, so it's hard to sort the truth from the bollocks. The video I posted though is widely regarded to be genuine. Although some people have said they might be boats. Yes. boats. Eh?

The fact is that there are a lot of people who simply refuse to believe in even the possibility of the existence of UFOs.

What I say to them is out of all the hundreds of thousands of sightings, videos, photos, reported abductions, and all the rest - if just ONE of those was true, then UFOs do exist. To me it's far more improbable for such a vast amount of people (including astronauts, fighter pilots, etc) to be completely wrong, every single time.

I think me and DaButt went head to head on this subject a while ago. As far as I remember he's one of the die-hard skeptics of which I speak. Rolling eyes

People used to believe birds could fly because the air was hot and spicy.

They were wrong.

UFO belief like spiritualism and scientology is a watered down religion for aetheists.

The video I posted though is widely regarded to be genuine.

Why?

Secret military technology is cool but not worth obsessing over. Unexplained optical phenomena can be fun to investigate. Most of the heavily hyped "evidence" is mere fakery and it's sad to see people clinging to it as "proof."

So why hasn't just one of those hundreds of thousands been proved to be true?

My argument against UFO's is simply this. Why are all the aliens out there so damn shy? Surely one of them should have got up the gumption by now to actually knock on the door and say 'hi'. Bloody rude I call it.

They're probably scared of getting a fettling.

(Sorry, but it's become my new favourite word.)

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 17 2010, 6:11 PM BST

So why hasn't just one of those hundreds of thousands been proved to be true?

In defence of what is true or not, how do you know what you believe are facts without actually experiencing them for yourself? We're told many things by scientists and the like, and because they SOUND logical, we'll with no thought believe them. I'm not arguing for the legitimacy of these UFO videos, but for what we perceive a true or not.

The footage in that video (and all others) could so easily be fake.

Is it not we believe because we want to believe!