UFOs Page 9

Quote: Will Cam @ August 16 2010, 10:52 PM BST

f**k me, I thought being good all year was bad enough.

Laughing out loud

So these beings create a means of propulsion that is outside of anything that mankind has discovered or can imagine, use it to cross x millions/billions of light years just to hover over somewhere and then piss off home?

Utter bollocks.

Angry

Well maybe for them it's mega easy and only takes a second. No big trip.

And maybe the biggest thrill over on alien planets is to hover over stuff.

Who knows!

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2010, 12:37 AM BST

Well maybe for them it's mega easy and only takes a second. No big trip.

And maybe the biggest thrill over on alien planets is to hover over stuff.

Who knows!

No, I'll edit that.

Are you saying that the basic laws of physics which are found across the known Universe are different where they are?

Light travels faster/slower?

I admit it's only our knowledge but some things have to be an immuteable fact and the speed of light is one such.

If one exceeds it one has to be in another plane. Maybe that's where they are?

It doesn't explain though why, after countless 'sightings', there is no credible, proven, encounter.

Apart from Come Dine With Me that is.

Time travel, you damn fool! ;)

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2010, 12:50 AM BST

Time travel, you damn fool! ;)

Sorry, I've never watched Dr Who.

We all make mistakes.

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2010, 12:57 AM BST

We all make mistakes.

;)

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 17 2010, 12:34 AM BST

So these beings create a means of propulsion that is outside of anything that mankind has discovered or can imagine, use it to cross x millions/billions of light years just to hover over somewhere and then piss off home?

But none of that was in the story Steve related to us. All that was said was that a light aircraft and pilot allegedly disappeared after a mysterious conversation. No-one there alleged it was aliens from across the universe.

I'd like to know more context; was the pilot was in the habit of consuming hallucinogens? Had he often played pranks before? Was he a mental?

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 17 2010, 12:40 AM BST

No, I'll edit that.

Are you saying that the basic laws of physics which are found across the known Universe are different where they are?

I admit it's only our knowledge but some things have to be an immuteable fact and the speed of light is one such.

It doesn't explain though why, after countless 'sightings', there is no credible, proven, encounter.

So close-minded!

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2010, 12:06 PM BST

So close-minded!

. . is what a romantic calls a realist.

Pleased

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 17 2010, 12:40 AM BST

No, I'll edit that.

Those laws only exist as we perceive them.

Quote: Leevil @ August 17 2010, 1:59 PM BST

Those laws only exist as we perceive them.

Indeed. Are there not numerous exceptions (albeit extremes) to many of the 'laws' of physics? And are they not under constant test and question at places like CERN? The arrogance of what we "know" is showing in your 'argument', Oldrocker...

This is some of the most compelling ufo footage I've ever seen, shot in Turkey by an amateur photographer. It gets interesting about 2:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89KkYMS8jkk

Ooh, that was rather fun!