Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 19

And who's Andy Harris?

:D :D :D :D :D
Just in case you're not joking he was the Head of Comedy also directed The Royle Family at some stage.

BTW, I just remembered it wasn't three laughs a page, it was six and that's what you get with Frasier and Two and a Half men etc. I don't think Grandma's House comes anywhere near to that

You seem to be saying that because you are a funny person, then that means if you don't find something funny then it's not allowed to be/can't possibly be funny to anyone else. Am I misunderstanding?

The idea that there are strict set rules isn't true though. They're not going to throw out a great script becuase half the pages only had four laugh out loud bits.

Quote: bushbaby @ August 17 2010, 4:01 PM BST

:BTW, I just remembered it wasn't three laughs a page, it was six and that's what you get with Frasier and Two and a Half men etc. I don't think Grandma's House comes anywhere near to that

They're a different style of show to this though.

I gave it a go but didn't like it myself, didn't find it funny or the characters likeable/interesting enough to keep watching so I turned it over after about half an episode. Found it a bit dull actually.
But if you like it then fair enough, my brother liked it but I can't really see why.

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2010, 4:12 PM BST

You seem to be saying that because you are a funny person, then that means if you don't find something funny then it's not allowed to be/can't possibly be funny to anyone else. Am I misunderstanding?

I suspect we're all funny on here and writers or we wouldn't visit.
As I said I find something funny in most things but not this one. It should be advertised as something other than sitcom because that it isn't.
Unless this is the new trend, funniless sitcoms

And Zooo I'm not being personal, it's up to each individual as to what makes them laugh. I'm expressing my feelings about this prog that I consider unfunny. You can alter someone's opinion but not feelings

Quote: bushbaby @ August 17 2010, 4:47 PM BST

It should be advertised as something other than sitcom because that it isn't.

It's a sitcom.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 17 2010, 4:49 PM BST

It's a sitcom.

Ok what was the beginning, the muddle and the end and what made you laugh?

Quote: bushbaby @ August 17 2010, 4:52 PM BST

Ok what was the beginning, the muddle and the end and what made you laugh?

I don't need to try and explain it, it's a sitcom, it just is, whether you liked it and found it funny or not.

Quote: jacparov @ August 17 2010, 3:22 PM BST

Nah - he's no Martin Clunes. :D

Thank f**k! Boy that man is nasty looking. Good actor though in Men Behaving Badly.

Fair enough.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 17 2010, 4:55 PM BST

I don't need to try and explain it, it's a sitcom, it just is, whether you liked it and found it funny or not.

It's true what Matthew says Bushbaby.
I just would not watch it anymore if I was you. You tried it & it is not your bag!

It's definitely a sitcom. It's rubbish, but it's a sitcom.

Quote: Charley @ August 17 2010, 4:56 PM BST

It's true what Matthew says Bushbaby.
I just would not watch it anymore if I was you. You tried it & it is not your bag!

Yeah true, I won't, I guess Simon Amstell was born under a lucky star.

A similar thread is developing on another site, with (surprisingly?) a similar ratio of lovers/haters.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1320804

I'm giving it one more week, purely for my Amstell-love.