Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 14

Hi eveyone.
I'm Stu.
I felt the need to register simply because I thought Grandma's House was ATROCIOUS! And I'm quite surprised so many people are defending it.

I gave it a chance, I really did, and watched it right till the end, and I was rewarded for my patience by a quite funny Dame Edna impression, but come on. This was really, really bad, wasn't it?

Whether or not it was made just because Amstell's name was attatched to it is irrelevent to me. I simply didn't laugh once during the entire half hour.

Watching that has made me consider having a go at writing 30 minutes of sitution comedy, because all of a sudden it doesn't seem as difficult as it used to.

I just watched this on line, well, not all of it.
I think it's atrocious too and think the BBC has forgotten what a sitcom is. This again is more like a drama and should be advertised as such, although I use the term drama loosely.
All the acting is bad but would probably have suited theatre more. The storyline is even worse and the mind just boggles

BBC take note....sitcom =Frasier etc

I watched this just now on iPlayer, a couple of funny moments but largely dull. I think you would have to be a fan of Amstell(sp) in general to like this because there aren't many jokes, no real story line and the acting is poor. I can't stand him although I found him more watchable in this than on Buzzcocks.

What the fook!??? I LIKE it. Help.

Quote: David Carmon @ August 12 2010, 3:16 PM BST

What the fook!??? I LIKE it. Help.

Well, of course you like it; there was nothing wrong with it. :)

Few laughs but on the whole I thought it was very badly written and Simon can't act at all.

Well now that it's been foisted upon us, knowing the BBC's love of a formula (good or not), I expect to soon be seeing new shitcoms like 'Auntie's Toilet' where jaded comedian David Baddiel visits his favourite lavvy in Broadcasting House to escape the false glamour of his celebrity life while rolling a joint and listening to all the top level chit chat by BBC suits at the urinals discussing what new crap they've just commissioned and what business lunches in swanky restaurants they've had. :(

That sounds like an awesome show. You should pitch that.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 12 2010, 10:18 PM BST

Well now that it's been foisted upon us, knowing the BBC's love of a formula (good or not), I expect to soon be seeing new shitcoms like 'Auntie's Toilet' where jaded comedian David Baddiel visits his favourite lavvy in Broadcasting House to escape the false glamour of his celebrity life while rolling a joint and listening to all the top level chit chat by BBC suits at the urinals discussing what new crap they've just commissioned and what business lunches in swanky restaurants they've had. :(

If you couldn't have named Baddiel what other Jewish comedian would you have named?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 12 2010, 10:31 PM BST

That sounds like an awesome show. You should pitch that.

I expect it's already in development, the rubbish pilot will not be screened for fear that the savage criticism will stop them putting a full series out. Again.

Quote: chipolata @ August 12 2010, 10:36 PM BST

If you couldn't have named Baddiel what other Jewish comedian would you have named?

Alan Yentob.

I think people understand you don't like this show Kipper; though perhaps be less subtle next time.

I'd watch that, it sounds really funny

Quote: youngian @ August 13 2010, 1:12 PM BST

I'd watch that, it sounds really funny

I agree, I'd watch that it could be hilarious :D

Did you mean shit shat?

Now that sounds funny

I'm joining the chorus - this is a great idea. The budget would be pretty attractive too.