The Bubble Page 11

I thought Tim Key came across really well. I was expecting him to be the straight-faced, depressed character he seems to play in lots of stuff, so it was nice to see him all normal and jokey and laughing at stuff.

David Mitchell's bewilderment at being in his own bubble was great. This episode was the most fun so far, I thought.

Dan

It has improved week on week. Line up tonight is Miranda Hart, Robert Webb and Shappi Khorsandi. Not a fan of Shappi, but looking forward to seeing the other two.

Yes, should be a funny one.
I think David should stay in the Bubble too.

Quote: sheep2 @ March 26 2010, 1:20 PM GMT

Shappi Khorsandi.

Can anyone explain the rise and rise of this comedian? I'm sure she's a lovely person and everything but she's at best an average stand-up and not blessed with much ability for spontaneous wit (despite all the practice she's been afforded on virtually every panel show around).

Are they grooming her to be the next Sue Perkins or something?

Oi!

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2010, 3:39 PM GMT

Oi!

Oi what?

No one's passively aggressively mean to Sue Perkins on my watch!

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2010, 3:45 PM GMT

No one's passively aggressively mean to Sue Perkins on my watch!

It wasn't meant to be passively aggressive, dear.

Just as well you haven't read what I've posted on the 'Isn't Jenny Eclair Shit?' thread... Whistling nnocently

*hides under cardboard box*

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 26 2010, 3:38 PM GMT

Can anyone explain the rise and rise of this comedian?

An uncharitable person might claim that some of her success in gaining airtime on the BBC was facilitated by her ability to tick all the equal opportunities boxes, in terms of being both Iranian and a woman.

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 26 2010, 3:47 PM GMT

It wasn't meant to be passively aggressive, dear.

Just as well you haven't read what I've posted on the 'Isn't Jenny Eclair Shit?' thread... Whistling nnocently

*hides under cardboard box*

I think the main difference between Sue and Jenny is that Sue is likeable.

Do not get why Shappi is on TV at all - just don't find her funny, and its always the same material.

I like Sue Perkins, particuarly on Just A Minute.

Quote: Nogget @ March 26 2010, 3:55 PM GMT

I think the main difference between Sue and Jenny is that Sue is likeable.

Really? I find Sue Perkins comes across as cold, selfish, smug, arrogant and remarkably humourless. Though I'm sure she's an absolute darling in real life. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 26 2010, 3:58 PM GMT

Really? I find Sue Perkins comes across as cold, selfish, smug, arrogant and remarkably humourless. Though I'm sure she's an absolute darling in real life. :)

Selfish?

Quote: Nogget @ March 26 2010, 3:59 PM GMT

Selfish?

In the various TV reality shows she has participated in, indeed this is impression I have formed. She has an air on presumed self-entitlement about her and appears to have little interest in other's opinions.

Though, as I say, she's probably a gorgeously wonderful poppet when you meet her.

I quite like Shappi. I didn't think much of her at first, and I know she's another one who relies a bit too heavily on her ethnicity at times, but she does amuse me.

Anyway, Rob and Miranda, they're definitely always worth a watch. :)