It's Adam And Shelley Page 6

It's the great constipation of financing and organisation.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 3, 2007, 3:53 PM

Mmmm, offensive, out-dated and unfunny?

Doing accents is one thing - we all have an accent be it regional, based on class or national, but stupid attempts at 'doing' insulting racial mannerisms is another.

Well that's what I reckon.

Yeah unless it's white people being insulted of course and then liberals don't mind at all. Are you Chinese, by the way? If you are not I would like to know why it's insulting. If you are then I would like to know why you can't take a joke.

NB. I don't really want to know because I don't care what liberals think about anything.

Quote: Philly Baby @ October 8, 2007, 8:54 AM

NB. I don't really want to know because I don't care what liberals think about anything.

Have you met Aaron yet? I think you two will get on :)

Yeah unless it's white people being insulted of course and then liberals don't mind at all. Are you Chinese, by the way? If you are not I would like to know why it's insulting. If you are then I would like to know why you can't take a joke.

I am half Chinese, I just didn't like the slanty eyes and silly voices thing. I found it outdated and lazy. We're not in the 80's surely we've moved on.

Quote: ajp29 @ October 8, 2007, 2:16 PM

Laughing out loud

I'm not Chinese whatsoever by I find it insulting to take the mickey out of another race's appearance and accents. There's nothing clever about it - its an easy target. Luckily, I had switched off long before it appeared but I have seen the pictures.

Here is something positive about the show: after tonight there will be two shows less to avoid.

I never got that far either. I watched the pathertic goths - and then what? So memorable!

Quote: ajp29 @ October 8, 2007, 2:16 PM

Oi, cheeky! Laughing out loud

Just watched this on BBC3 and it was awful: didn't make me raise a smile once. OTOH I watched a bit of the Two Ronnies and Monty Python yesterday and laughed all the way through them...

This is possibly the lowest point of the sketch show. A true abomination.

It's genuinely upsetting.

I want to make a joke about this but unfortunately my haeart is too sad to raise mirth. I have to say I'm honestly actually rather angry. This was utter blocks and really shouldn't have been made. And on that note, did anyone notice the <relatively> huge budget? Prosthetics, big set numbers, lots and lots of small walk on roles. This would've been so much better spent on hiring a big angry man to beat the crap out of whichever producer even thought of giving them their own show.

Ah. rant over. back to my lapsan soochong and chocolate digestives.

Laughing out loud

I've still not even spotted it in the schedules yet (although it sounds like that's a good thing). When is it on?

And to think it's generated so much comment!

You won't catch me mentioning it.

Quote: Aaron @ October 9, 2007, 10:00 PM

I've still not even spotted it in the schedules yet (although it sounds like that's a good thing). When is it on?

Monday nights BBC3, or on the BBC website anytime.

Not worth watching.

It's a shame as both Adam and Shelley Longworth are good actors (Shelley is in the forthcoming Angelos) but for some reason this show just doesn't work. I think they're trying too hard.

I watched the episode online and thought it was poor. Didn't think it was quite as bad as TittyTittyBangBang but I was unsure where the supposed laughs were meant to be.

I remember sending something to that producer one year and receiving it back. Now I know why.