It's Adam And Shelley Page 5

Quote: Okse @ October 3, 2007, 3:04 PM

What did we think of the "Yellowing up"?

Mmmm, offensive, out-dated and unfunny?

Okay so they're parodying Monkey - not exactly cutting edge and I'm sure it's been done to death.

Most of all I found the facial expressions they did were questionable. Or did I imagine that? You know, the kind of facial expressions and mannersims from the old school of 'yellowing up' as you call it. Always gets me why characterisations of the Chinese like this are still considered acceptable.

Doing accents is one thing - we all have an accent be it regional, based on class or national, but stupid attempts at 'doing' insulting racial mannerisms is another.

Well that's what I reckon.

Hi Dolly Dagger, welcome to the BSG Wave

I still haven't seen this and i'm probably not going to. I can list at least 5 made for BBC3/E4 comedies that have been pants Blunder, Dogface, Thieves Like Us, Grown Ups and this. Why can't we have more Skins, Fonejacker and Snuff Box and less of this horse piss. I think thier hit rate should be higher especially considering the talent out.

Adam

Me and my brother were funnier than that in the kitchen last night making sandwiches.

Did you do that 'my skin is peeling' trick with the ham - classic.

Ah, we'll have to use that one next time.

I believe I put a quarter of tomato in my mouth and pretended it was my lips...

Laughing out loud

As funny as cancer. I turned over to watch the news headlines for a good laugh.

Quote: Cinnamon @ October 3, 2007, 5:59 PM

As funny as cancer. I turned over to watch the news headlines for a good laugh.

Tory Resurgence made me piss myself :P

Rolling eyes

I watched the first 5 minutes - then put the radio on.

Bring back Karen Taylor - please!

Tuning the wireless...

Quote: ajp29 @ October 3, 2007, 4:21 PM

Hi Dolly Dagger, welcome to the BSG Wave

Thanks for the welcome. Wave Back at you.

Rubbish. Only made it through a couple of bits; it also felt really cheap. I think the avalanche in recent years of new sketch shows are really beginning to tarnish the formats standing, as 95% of them just seem to be complete disasters. Ive seen quite a few people on this forum stating they dont like sketch shows, and I think its because of shows like this that they say that, because done well the sketch show can be wonderful, vibrant and damn funny; but far too many are badly written and have no real identity of their own. I think this just makes it harder for those that are good to find a substantial audience, because people just go 'ugh, not another sketch show' and dont bother watching. In cases like this it would be the correct decision.

We could put together a much better effort.

Wasn't someone trying to do that at some point?

Yep, it's coming, it's coming. :)