It's Adam And Shelley

This new sketch show starts on BBC Three on Monday 1st October. It stars Adam Longworth and Shelley Longworth - two people who are clearly climbing the British comedy ladder quickly (Shelley will be in new sitcom called Angelo's later in the year - that's a really good show).

The BBC have high hopes for this new series; written by the stars with Stuart Kenworthy (Green Wing writer), the show is clearly been molded along the same lines as Little Britain - e.g. larger-than-life characters in OTT situations.

The characters include rich Paris Hilton like wannabe Chelsea Sheraton who commits outrageous social faux-pas. She has a pet sumo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDu5Q3rZHGM

Moaning teenage goths Jake and Tilly who film their half-hearted rebellion against their dad on their mobiles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2uF2zLHxI

And couple of slacker Aussie scientists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y31LKy7uQRQ

I don't have a clip of them, but my favourite characters are old-skool Chinese superheroes Brucie and Lucky Lee who go around trying to save the world with the power of Karaoke but normally end up making things worse. The filming style of those sketches are pretty funny (e.g. dodgy dubbing).

Overall I think this show is going to be really hit and miss - some great sketches and some that leave you cold. Anyway, check out the preview clips and let us know what you think...

Its obviously hard to judge a whole show based on three clips but if that is the best the BBC has to promote the show with then it looks like it is going to be an embarrasing failure!

They do do a good job of playing a variety of characters though. I guess it is a bit like LB in that sense.

Hey AnsonMan, welcome to the board! :)

i watched the goth sketch on youtube, utter shit. Whats weird is I put I thought it was crap, then I recieved a message calling me a gobshite! I clicked on who had sent it, and it took me to the page of, it appears, the pair who star in the series! Talk about touchy! Youve got your own series on tv for gods sake! When it actually airs youll have to get used to a lot of harsh criticism(sniggers). Anyway, maybe the series will be Ok, but if that goth in the park one is what the BBC are using to advertise it, then it doesnt look too good.

It's never good when you're trying to watch the adverts instead of the clip. Somebody send BBC3 a noose.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 22, 2007, 7:47 PM

Whats weird is I put I thought it was crap, then I recieved a message calling me a gobshite! I clicked on who had sent it, and it took me to the page of, it appears, the pair who star in the series!

Really? Wow! What was their username?

Quote: AnsonMan @ September 22, 2007, 8:18 PM

Really? Wow! What was their username?

Not sure it is actually them, probably just some nutty fan.

http://uk.youtube.com/IZIDNIRB

Would you like me to have a word? I can be very menacing. i'll bring a rolling pin and I would have to make them tea but I will spit in it if you like.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 22, 2007, 11:45 PM

Would you like me to have a word? I can be very menacing. i'll bring a rolling pin and I would have to make them tea but I will spit in it if you like.

Eeeek Angry Rube IS scary. :O

I bet she's like The Big Bad I Said No.

I go very cockney and use very naughty words.

And yes......I am originally from London and I don't just go cockney for effect. I didn't wake up one day and think "Today, I shall be a cock-a-ney".

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 23, 2007, 2:05 PM

And yes......I am originally from London and I don't just go cockney for effect. I didn't wake up one day and think "Today, I shall be a cock-a-ney".

I've never heard such rhyming slang.. :O

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 23, 2007, 2:05 PM

She can say things, that'll make the devil cry.

Oh for Peter Sake (Pronounced sa-ke).....I've never known anyone to blush so much at a girl using the V word!

You're not a girl, you are a child's drawing of their favourite birthday party.