Misfits - Series 1 Page 5

Not quite enough of the others tonight, I thought. Still good, mind.

It was entertaining enough tonight. But apart from revealing a few little things, I didn't really see the point. Nothing changed in the end (except he locked the door).

It was nice to see another side of Nathan tonight, as he boarders on being too much of a dick sometimes to find it enjoyable. It gave him a bit more depth, or made him more dimensional.

Speaking of which; what happens to Curtis when he goes back? Does another version of him take over, because as he's in the past, time continues as normal, surely? :S

Too late to think about that...

I think he just goes back to the Curtis that he would've been due to the changes he made.

The major thing that's different is that he now never broke up with his girlfriend (she never went to prison) so he's now stuck in a love triangle, unless he breaks up with one of them.

Also - it seems that Nathan's power is that he can't be killed... (maybe he wished that he couldn't be hurt? Or maybe his dad used to beat him?)

Yeah I think it was showing us that they weren't given these powers by some higher... power. :/ That there is no big plan, (that they're supposed to use them to fix their wrongdoings etc) because he did that and it just made everything much worse.

Quote: Leevil @ December 4 2009, 2:55 AM GMT

It was entertaining enough tonight. But apart from revealing a few little things, I didn't really see the point. Nothing changed in the end (except he locked the door).

It did; he was caught in possession, so his girlfriend didn't go to prison. I'm not quite sure why he didn't instead, but nonetheless.

Because he flushed most of it, but kept only a little - enough I guess to get the community service and running ban.

Quote: zooo @ December 4 2009, 1:37 PM GMT

Yeah I think it was showing us that they weren't given these powers by some higher... power. :/ That there is no big plan, (that they're supposed to use them to fix their wrongdoings etc) because he did that and it just made everything much worse.

Obviously the reason they have the powers is because they subconsciously desire the effects. For example the slags power is that everyone tries to rape her, weird guy's is invisibility, curtis can turn back time etc...The only one that doesn't fit is the chav, but I'm sure it will be explained. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting theory - if that's correct, I guess it'd follow that she's somewhat insecure and nervous of what people think of her really.

And welcome to the site. :)

Quote: dsfds efesfsdf @ December 5 2009, 8:21 PM GMT

Obviously the reason they have the powers is because they subconsciously desire the effects. For example the slags power is that everyone tries to rape her, weird guy's is invisibility, curtis can turn back time etc...The only one that doesn't fit is the chav, but I'm sure it will be explained. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I agree, that might explain why they have the ones they have. But isn't the reason they have them exactly - that was the storm, innit.

But did we find out that the Irish one's power is LUCK maybe???

Well maybe. We just don't know yet.
He's not been THAT lucky as yet though, getting chucked out by his mum, having to live alone at the community centre...

But his eyes haven't wobbled yet, due to his lack of caring about anything or anyone, barr that old granny he went up.

Hmmmm.... interesting....

Quote: zooo @ December 4 2009, 1:37 PM GMT

But then he did save all their lives by going back in time - the first time anyway (in the first episode).

That's what I said ages ago - they all get what they want. The chavvy one is paranoid about what other people think of her, which is why she's so sensitive and why she can now read minds to see what people actually do think of her.

Finally got to see the most recent episode. Thought this was ace again. I actually felt really sad when he went to the centre and saw the flowers left there. :(

He's in trouble now having two birds.

I would like something a bit more concrete about the Irish one's power.