Misfits - Series 1 Page 2

I missed most of it, but the bits I saw seemed pretty decent. I hope it's repeated on E4 so I can catch it fully. My only complaint is that they didn't strike me as proper Asbo teens. Real Asbo teens are physically and morally repellent vermin that need taking outside and shooting in the back of the head. This lot were likeable(ish) stage school luvvies, no threat to anyone.

I missed it too, so hopefully it will be repeated.

This is repeated next Wednesday on E4 at 11pm, according to the helpful BCG listings guide.

I sort of half watched it. But the half of me that was watching seemed to enjoy it.

Quote: chipolata @ November 13 2009, 9:46 AM GMT

My only complaint is that they didn't strike me as proper Asbo teens. Real Asbo teens are physically and morally repellent vermin that need taking outside and shooting in the back of the head. This lot were likeable(ish) stage school luvvies, no threat to anyone.

But I think that was the point... most of them hadn't done anything THAT bad. Apart from Gary.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 13 2009, 10:16 AM GMT

I sort of half watched it. But the half of me that was watching seemed to enjoy it.

Was that the back half?

I thought it was brilliant.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 13 2009, 9:07 AM GMT

I didn't think it was laugh out loud funny, just subtle crude funny.

I barely found it funny at all. Don't really think that we should be covering it. But a brilliant story, really dragged me in.

Which one was Gary?
The Irish one?

(A lot of his lines were very funny, particularly in the last half of the episode.)

Gary was the one who ended up in the locker.

Oh I seeee.

It was very good. Agree with Aaron about it not being particularly funny. I laughed a lot at the Irish guy's witty repartee, but didn't find it particularly 'comedy' in tone.

Good show though -- will keep watching as it's like a proper, down-to-Earth Heroes.

Dan

Great show, I've just seen the first episode. It wasn't very funny, but it had its comic moments. Apart from that, the story was interesting. It slightly reminded me of Dead Set.

This was brilliant - I don't think it was a comedy - unless Being Human and Dr Who are comedies, but I'm glad there's a thread for it nonetheless. It's good that things like this are getting made.

Terrible trailers though, I wouldn't've watched it had it not been recommended here.

Quote: zooo @ November 12 2009, 10:58 PM GMT

The athlete one reminds me of one of the actors in Cool Runnings. Might be partly his tall '90s hair though.

Ha ha - yep, the main character in Cool Runnings does look very much like him. Now I'll be watching the next episode and half expecting John Candy to appear.

That was excellent. Such a gripping story. Lots of laughs this week, and I'm rather warming to Oirish. Quite sad towards the end as well - good writing, but pity it had to happen.

What kind of name is "Oirish"? I shan't be watching this. Unimpressed