Misfits - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 20 2009, 2:37 AM GMT

What kind of name is "Oirish"? I shan't be watching this. Unimpressed

I know somebody called Geordie.

Quote: Aaron @ November 20 2009, 1:54 AM GMT

That was excellent. Such a gripping story. Lots of laughs this week, and I'm rather warming to Oirish. Quite sad towards the end as well - good writing, but pity it had to happen.

I agree with all of this.

Now, did anyone else think that the guy who can turn invisible put the "I know what you did" letters in the lockers?

Oh good, now this thread will turn into everyone trying to guess what happens, making the reveal shit and anti climactic when it actually happens on screen.
Unimpressed

P.S. Oirish isn't actually his name. Except in Aaron's head. :)

I'm finding this a bit odd. Two episodes in and we are barely seeing the super powers of the main cast. Its rarely got any comic moments, they just crow-barred in a sketch at the Police station with the guy from Benidorm. So I'm not sure its living up to its billing of a comedy drama about community service people with super powers.

I enjoyed the sex scenes though. Cool

Quote: ContainsNuts @ November 20 2009, 2:58 PM GMT

I enjoyed the sex scenes though, especially the granny bit. Cool

:O

Quote: ContainsNuts @ November 20 2009, 2:58 PM GMT

I'm finding this a bit odd. Two episodes in and we are barely seeing the super powers of the main cast. Its rarely got any comic moments, they just crow-barred in a sketch at the Police station with the guy from Benidorm. So I'm not sure its living up to its billing of a comedy drama about community service people with super powers.

'Super powers' is SO totally the wrong phrase it's almost painful. 'Supernatural abilities' is a maybe, but 'super powers' implies that they a) have some kind of level of control over them and how to use them, and b) that they have a clear good/evil purpose.

There was a lot of comedy in last night's episode I thought, but the little use of those abilities was more to do with the establishment that they weren't the only people caught in the storma and affected by it.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ November 20 2009, 11:49 AM GMT

Now, did anyone else think that the guy who can turn invisible put the "I know what you did" letters in the lockers?

Nah. That would, again, imply that he has some kind of control over that ability. Besides, there was a hint at the end as to who might be responsible.

Quote: Aaron @ November 20 2009, 3:08 PM GMT

Nah. That would, again, imply that he has some kind of control over that ability. Besides, there was a hint at the end as to who might be responsible.

Quite a big hint.
;)

Quote: Aaron @ November 20 2009, 3:08 PM GMT

'Super powers' is SO totally the wrong phrase it's almost painful. 'Supernatural abilities' is a maybe, but 'super powers' implies that they a) have some kind of level of control over them and how to use them, and b) that they have a clear good/evil purpose.

There was a lot of comedy in last night's episode I thought, but the little use of those abilities was more to do with the establishment that they weren't the only people caught in the storma and affected by it.

I'm interested enough to see where they take this. It's almost like they have had two introductory episodes rather than just one. But I think they need to concentrate on the main characters' abilities rather than other people, otherwise what's the point in having them?

I have a theory that the 'abilities' are what each character was wishing for when the storm stuck:

- to be young again
- to be as happy as a pet cocker spaniel from childhood
- to drive men wild
- to be invisible
- to turn back time (so he wouldn't take the drugs and ruin his career)
- to know what other people think of you
- etc...

Which means we should be able to work out what Oirish's power is. What does he want? Except to annoy other people...

To be Irish?

"I'm Cumming!" Scarred for life now. :(

"If you think my cum-face was bad, you should see your own!"

:D

Dan

Quote: Leevil @ November 22 2009, 5:01 PM GMT

To be Irish?

Of course - that explains why his mum's not Irish.

Bizarrely the Misfits website seems to strongly hint that *spoiler alert?* he can breathe underwater.

So I guess my theory's wrong :(

Quote: Stan Doubt @ November 23 2009, 12:33 PM GMT

Of course - that explains why his mum's not Irish.

Laughing out loud Good point!

This show is really f**king good. I loved the "we better get ready" bit from Simon.

Another good episode. This was my reaction when Simon disappeared altogether -> :O