Misfits - Series 1

A quick reminder that you should watch Misfits tonight - E4, 10pm. I've seen the first episode and am totally hooked (last time that happened was The Inbetweeners). I don't want to over-hype this, but it's definitely worth seeing (it takes about 10 minutes to warm up so don't judge it instantly).

Lots more info here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/misfits_e4/

(If you want other opinions as to whether you should watch it, see the press clippings section in our guide to the show)

Anyone who chooses not to watch it needs their head checking.

I'll be watching, but would be up for the head checking too.

I want to watch this too. :) Looks great, plus the British COmedy Guide have given it a rave review!

5 minutes!

65mins on E4+1.

I've promised myself to try to watch more new stuff.

But unlike loads of people the word superhero's makes me reach for the off button.

As you boys say it will be worth it. I try.

Well it's really not superheroes.
Wrong word to have used maybe.

More super natural powers. Or something.

It's not at all superhero-y.

Quote: bigfella @ November 12 2009, 10:05 PM GMT

But unlike loads of people the word superhero's makes me reach for the off button.

Ah yeah. That was an awful word to use, I meant to change it. It's not refelective (as hopefully you've seen by now).

I really hate Oirish. Such a tool.

The athlete one reminds me of one of the actors in Cool Runnings. Might be partly his tall '90s hair though.

Quote: Aaron @ November 12 2009, 7:36 PM GMT

Anyone who chooses not to watch it needs their head checking.

That'll be me then, I saw the advert featuring ASBO Chavs getting special powers and I thought - urgh.

However, I am fickle and do cave to peer pressure, so if it's still getting rave reviews in a couple episodes time, then I'll watch it on 4OD.

And then I'll come on here and say it's brilliant and how I loved it from the start. Unimpressed

I haven't seen the trailers, but it's nowhere near as tacky as you evidently think it is from that description "ASBO Chavs getting ..." etc. I made a point of knowing nothing of the synopsis before I watched, but nevertheless a 45-min E4 drama with youths meant I wasn't expecting a lot.

The adverts made it look like Hollyoaks goes to Guantanamo Bay and the multi-cultural cast of 'yoofs' become Heroes.

The special effects in the advert looked typically British and all the kids looked like stereotypes, so I didn't feel compelled to watch.

It was good, funny and I'll be watching next week, fank you very much.

I really enjoyed it actually, and when my aerial started going funny I even stood and held it in an awkward position so I wouldn't miss the last 15 mins. I didn't think it was laugh out loud funny, just subtle crude funny. I loved all the characters except for Gary but I was pleased after a while about that one.