Misfits - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: Stan Doubt @ December 4 2009, 11:01 AM GMT

I think he just goes back to the Curtis that he would've been due to the changes he made.

The major thing that's different is that he now never broke up with his girlfriend (she never went to prison) so he's now stuck in a love triangle, unless he breaks up with one of them.

Also - it seems that Nathan's power is that he can't be killed... (maybe he wished that he couldn't be hurt? Or maybe his dad used to beat him?)

Ahem.

Ah right.

When he died and they snapped out of it, I was worried that they had all lost their powers. And then he would be dead foreverrrr. :(

I really hope there is a Season 2! and I want Nathan to get out of that coffin somehow :D, Nathan and Simon are my favourite by far.

Aw - yeah.:(

Although being buried alive is probably the next worst thing

Heh, yes.

I don't like Simon at all. He is a creepy future rapist.

Quote: CarbonVI @ December 17 2009, 11:12 PM GMT

I really hope there is a Season 2! and I want Nathan to get out of that coffin somehow :D, Nathan and Simon are my favourite by far.

Simon is turning into a classic evil genius, I wonder when he'll be forced to break away from the group and be the nemesis.

I wonder if they might kill him off.

Maybe - better to make him a bad guy though?

My theory is the chav will go to Nathan's grave and read his thoughts ;)

Quote: Stan Doubt @ December 17 2009, 11:01 PM GMT

I was right! Woooooohoooooo! In your face!! Poor Nathan.

Good on the beeb for recommissioning this already, they better give it more than just six episodes or I'll do a poo in their lift. Yeah, you heard me.

Beeb? :)

I really hope there is a Season 2!

Series 2 has already been commissioned. https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000219/e4_orders_second_series_of_misfits/

Final episode, I have to say that although I loved (and was mightily frustrated by) the ending, I wasn't so hot on the body of it; unless they pick up on the 'cult' thing in Series 2 (which seems quite unlikely), the whole thing served no purpose other than to set up the grisly discovery of Nathan's abilities. I don't mind this kind of thing in a half-hour sitcom, but in something so plot based as Misfits, and spending an hour building it up only to come to nothing, I dunno, just felt annoying. They didn't actually learn anything from it, whereas they had in previous weeks' isolated events. Ah well, roll on Series 2 anyway!

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2009, 11:14 PM GMT

Heh, yes.

I don't like Simon at all. He is a creepy future rapist.

He's the best character!

Quote: Aaron @ December 18 2009, 2:26 AM GMT

Beeb? :)

Good point! Sorry C4! :)

I think there are things that drove the plot forward to be explained in the second series:

- Who was the kid on the bike who saved Nathan?
- Simon seems to be turning into a psycho spending time with the frozen body of the probation worker and hiding his thoughts from Kelly.
- Nathan and Kelly fell for each other.

Although seeing as the other characters had had their own episodes and the build up to 'what is Nathan's ability' has been built up so much it was fair that the whole ep built up to its reveiling.

Congrats to Howard Overman who I hope I never meet because at the moment I think he's an unmitigated genius, while in real life he probably likes Marmite or something.

Also great direction, production and casting.

Quote: Badmc @ December 18 2009, 12:47 AM GMT

My theory is the chav will go to Nathan's grave and read his thoughts ;)

Good theory. Damn, wish I'd thought of that. :)

OH. MY. GOD.

I loved last nights episode.

It's funny, I have so many mixed feelings for Barry Simon. I really think he's so creepy and rapey... and obviously a murderer. Yet, I can't help but like him. I couldn't really grasp whether he actually let go of Nathan on purpose when he called him Barry.

Nathan is AMAZING. I love his character so much. Can't believe he ended up buried alive - that freaked me out. How did he handle that so well.

Great choice of music when they were going to save the guys from the Cult. Hilarious. I laughed a lot throughout actually.

SOOOOOOOOOOO happy there is a new series commissioned.

Quote: Stan Doubt @ December 18 2009, 9:10 AM GMT

Good theory. Damn, wish I'd thought of that. :)

Come on, that's pretty obvious! I assumed she'd do it at the end there, but it's cool they've left him down there for a bit.

"You buried me alive you dicks! I'm immortal! Unf**kingbeliveable!"