Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 9

Quote: Richard Wells @ October 30 2009, 7:47 PM BST

I don't know what you're really getting at.

I like older comedy that's for sure.

okay, that's fine.

skinner is definitely not right though, he belongs to another age.

Yes he belongs to an age where comedy should be funny, that's why he is needed more than ever.

Quote: Richard Wells @ October 30 2009, 7:49 PM BST

It shouldn't be about age, it should be about talent and he is very talented.

I mean Phil Jupiter isn't getting any younger.

Yes but time is progressing and younger people are watching (Myself included. And now you'll probably put in a little remark about my generation blah blah blah like everone else does Rolling eyes ).
Simon Amstell helped the show because he knows more about the recent music scene then some old bloke.
And as for Phil Jupitus, its not the same. He's been there since the start. They can't get rid of him, he's the only original piece of Buzzcocks!

but where is the deadpan boredom? where is the haircut? where is the knowledge of modernity?

i respect your opinion though.

phil jupitus is like that 'larger than life' character who makes a big impression in the first week of university and everytime you go into the bar, he is there. after a while, you decide to listen to what he is saying and find that it is painfully unfunny. you look around at the other people, and they are laughing but I don't think they get it anymore.

Quote: jim field @ October 30 2009, 7:55 PM BST

but where is the deadpan boredom? where is the haircut? where is the knowledge of modernity?

i respect your opinion though.

i agree. he is a legendary comedian but there are others out there. buzzcocks just isnt suited to his style permanantly.

Quote: katie coe @ October 30 2009, 7:55 PM BST

Yes but time is progressing and younger people are watching (Myself included. And now you'll probably put in a little remark about my generation blah blah blah like everone else does Rolling eyes ).
Simon Amstell helped the show because he knows more about the recent music scene then some old bloke.
And as for Phil Jupitus, its not the same. He's been there since the start. They can't get rid of him, he's the only original piece of Buzzcocks!

I only go on about your age because generally young people tend to be quite ignorant about comedy or anything really that is over 20 years old.

Trust me I have 2 Neices, 14 and 20 and they are exactly the same, they are completely dismissive of anything over 15-20 years old.

But I never was.

Even when I was you're age (and I was once) I always respected the things of yesteryear.

But I guess I was born in the wrong era, what can I say.

Quote: Richard Wells @ October 30 2009, 8:01 PM BST

I only go on about your age because generally young people tend to be quite ignorant about comedy or anything really that is over 20 years old.

Trust me I have 2 Neices, 14 and 20 and they are exactly the same, they are completely dismissive of anything over 15-20 years old.

But I never was.

Even when I was you're age (and I was once) I always respected the things of yesteryear.

But I guess I was born in the wrong era, what can I say.

I know how you feel. I hate most young comedians by the way. They're all just annoying. They always think their amazing.
Im like that with music to. Half the people I listen to no-one has heard of :S
By the way I point out I said most young comedians and not all. Some are good.

I didn't know that young comedian on Phil Jupiter's team.

Never heard of him, he was pretty good though.

Quote: Richard Wells @ October 30 2009, 8:07 PM BST

I didn't know that young comedian on Phil Jupiter's team.

Never heard of him, he was pretty good though.

Me neither
Well I have but i've never watched him
My dad likes him though

Woo, go Jamilia! I actually really like her, that guy must've nearly died I was half expecting him to walk off.

Jamelia is hot, super super hot.

She is also a supporter of capital punushment.

Goodbye boner.

Mark Watson wasn't bad the other night, but I still think Jack Whitehall will get the permanent position. So far, nobody has surpassed Rhod Gilbert though, but I suspect his stand-up commitments will put pay to him being the permanent host.

The last couple I've actually drifted off and got a little bored. I have never done that with Buzzcocks, even the later, disillusioned Lamarr episodes kept me entertained.

Really looking forward to next week though, Martin Freeman, Charlie Brooker, Dappy & Simon Bird?! Yes please! (Martha Wainwright I'm a little meh about.)