Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 6

I thought Frank Skinner did an excellent job of it, but then again, I think he's really funny - obviously, he's no Jack Whitehall... Whistling nnocently

Once again Buzzcocks fell into the guest trap -

Totally silent 'comedian'
Sulky unfunny rap star
Stupid bit of girly fluff
Dull Indy musician

I know some people have been slagging off Noel Fielding, but bugger me, could you imagine if the team had just been rapper kid and Ferne Cotton? I think the personality vacuum would have collapsed the studio like a black hole.

I think some of these younger "stars" thesedays are so quiet because they're just sat there watching the show. I seriously worry that some of them can't tell the difference between when they're "watching" a TV show and when they're "appearing on" a TV show.

There are so many times where a celebrity gets stuck on a chat show (we don't have panel shows :( ) only because of something they have coming out. So here they sit, completely out of their element and the regulars on the show have a great time, because they have nobody stealing their thunder. I'll give a great example. We have that awful women's show, The View. They have lots of female guests who've written books or whatever. They have lots of hot Hollywood actors and sit there and gush over them. Then, they have someone like Michael Emerson (Ben Linus on LOST) and he sits there shellshocked because of the lunacy that is going on around him. Then the next day he's being called a terrible interview because he was subjected to all the nonsense the women were speaking about. Phew! I feel better. :D

Oh, 'The View', is it? Sounds like we're responsible for that, sorry. It started over here (and still continues) as a show called 'Loose Women'. Your version sounds sadly pretty much the same. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 29 2009, 4:10 AM BST

Oh, 'The View', is it? Sounds like we're responsible for that, sorry. It started over here (and still continues) as a show called 'Loose Women'. Your version sounds sadly pretty much the same. :(

It's awful. Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters are the main hosts and then they have the filler people. They have the stupidest questions for their guests, stupidest self-help segments and the little republican chick just needs to keep her mouth shut. She talks absolute gibberish. I never watch it, because it embarrasses me as a woman to watch such ridiculous garbage. I could be doing 850 other things instead.

I forgive your country though. We send you all of our crap. :(

Laughing out loud

See? Don't you feel better now, letting it out?

Anyway, I'm conscious that all this is going to be blanked out with "off-topic", so I'm back off to General Discussion and, probably, bed. Wave

Frank Skinner was brilliant.

He is just naturally funny and he was so relaxed where as the week before that Whitehall guy looked very nervous.

I thought Noel Fielding was actually very funny in this one, he is definitely improving on every episode.

I laughed when that rapper asked Frank what hoover he had. What? :D I bet his parties are slammin.

Quote: JuliaC @ October 29 2009, 1:33 AM BST

Are you having second thoughts?

But it doesn't make sense :( She looked fit on the show. That pic must've been photoshopped! It's the only explanation.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2009, 1:35 AM BST

ian fancies a weirdo, ian fancies a weirdo. :)

Ahem, Steven Beale, ahem 'Unimpressed

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 28 2009, 11:48 PM BST

Yes, wave, wave, wave, like you youngsters do all the time... Ageist. Teary

They can go and watch BBC Three. That's what it's there for. :)

Im thirteen and I wouldnt dream of going anywhere near bbc 3. Well...except for Russell Howard. But my point is that I really like Never mind the buzzcocks, I just think that its going to go down the drain :(
And saying that I had a thought last night...wouldnt it be great if Fearn cotton had gone on when Simon Amstell was hosting. That would have been better than the Donny Tourette and the Preston episode put together.
And whats wrong with waving? Angry
Wave

Blimey, thirteen? I've got daughters nearly your age. Will have to be careful what we say around you. Errr

Nothing at all wrong with waving (except when I'm feeling old and grumpy).

And Mark Lamarr was far superior to Amstell, who's merely a boy. A nice boy, but a boy nonetheless. ;)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 29 2009, 3:10 PM BST

Blimey, thirteen? I've got daughters nearly your age. Will have to be careful what we say around you. Errr

Nothing at all wrong with waving (except when I'm feeling old and grumpy).

And Mark Lamarr was far superior to Amstell, who's merely a boy. A nice boy, but a boy nonetheless. ;)

Lammar WAS superior in his day but you've got to move with the times and if they hadnt hired simon then the show would have been blanked out by now.
He's a fresh lease of life and has brought something different to the show. I agree lammar is brilliant but so is simon in his own little way. both were perfect for the job but now their gone...
Unimpressed
and I won't wave cause im nice :D

oh and hes 29 and suprisingly mature. I recently went to see him live and he has a very clever mind.