Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 12

Quote: jim field @ November 19 2009, 10:23 PM GMT

In my work I am required to manage caseloads and ever-changing status requirements.

I'm sure you are, dear. ;)

Quote: zooo @ November 19 2009, 10:11 PM GMT

Occasionally there are good sides to TOTP ending...

Agreed.

I must say I much preffered it in the old days with mssrs Lamar and Hughes, when it was more focused on being a musical quiz.

Once upon a time, Ali G stopped becoming a comic invention of Sacha Baron Cohen's, when people started to take the character seriously. I think that Dappy might be such a character.

Here is the evidence from the show. His effortless comedy put-downs of his fellow guests were delivered with breathtaking elegance. He managed to both imply that Martha Wainwright was old, and suggest he didn't know who she was, all in one fell swoop. His fat-ist remarks, and his fake-naiveté in thinking Phil had actually walked off, were a brilliant parody of a fool. And what about his debating style? To pretend you think you can win an argument by bragging about how many girls you can pull, especially when it's to Noel Fielding, voted Sexiest Man in the 2008 NME awards, was a master-stroke.

Quote: IT David @ November 20 2009, 12:17 AM GMT

I must say I much preffered it in the old days with mssrs Lamar and Hughes, when it was more focused on being a musical quiz.

Hughes was an awful, awful 'comedown' of a man. Noel Fielding dominates him.

Sean was lovely.

I do think Dappy parodies himself to a certain extent. Cos he knows it gets a good reaction. But not that much. He is mostly a moron.

A moron who has worked his way into the music industry since childhood and become a success on his own terms? Okay.

Quote: jim field @ November 20 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

A moron who has worked his way into the music industry since childhood and become a success on his own terms? Okay.

Jade Goody was very successful, as is Katie Price. That doesn't stop them being morons.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ November 20 2009, 6:13 PM GMT

Jade Goody was very successful, as is Katie Price. That doesn't stop them being morons.

And? That is utterly irrelevant. I will repeat:

Dappy has written, performed, produced his own music since he was a child. Why you cannot acknowledge this as a sign of a talented, committed and thoroughly determined man is beyond me. Maybe it's your own class prejudice? That's sad.

Oh gawd. He's decided not to get it and none of us are going to break through!

No, I 'get' it. I think it's sad.

Who is Dappy?

Link to picture

I only asked.

Quote: jim field @ November 21 2009, 1:47 PM GMT

And? That is utterly irrelevant. I will repeat:

Dappy has written, performed, produced his own music since he was a child. Why you cannot acknowledge this as a sign of a talented, committed and thoroughly determined man is beyond me. Maybe it's your own class prejudice? That's sad.

*bangs head against desk*

All I've said it's that he came across as rather twatty. And class prejudice?? Don't you think it's a little daft to suggest I'm being snobby because I think he's an idiot? What has class got to with anything? You know bugger all about me or my background so leave out the condescending class argument, yeah?

I thought it'd be on tonight. Has this series finished then?

It was on - with Walliams in the chair.

Quote: Marc P @ November 21 2009, 5:07 PM GMT

Who is Dappy?

Link to picture

I only asked.

Which one is Dappy?