The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 13

He's a legend.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 15 2009, 12:31 AM BST

He's a legend.

How many times has he been sent off in his career? Not as many as Keane I'll grant you - but not as many as he should have been.

He can't tackle, he's not a malicious player, he is just late at tackling, it is just a consequence of his almost perfect game.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 15 2009, 12:35 AM BST

He can't tackle, he's not a malicious player, he is just late at tackling, it is just a consequence of his almost perfect game.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Is Bryan Gunn [Norwich City] the first managerial casualty of the season? His record in league and cup for 09/10;

Played 2, Won 1, GF 5, GA 7.

Opinions on Mark Hughes. Moyes says he is disgusted the way they have unsettled Lescott. I think Hughes is behaving in a bad way to be honest. When he said 'I think John Terry needs a new challenge' for example, what does he know what John Terry wants. Why would he want to move from a team competing for the Champions and Premier League next season to a team that will just be competing for a Premier League. This former reds legend for me is turning into a Bitter Blue. I didn't mind him going to City, it's just the way he's behaved this pre-season.

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ August 15 2009, 8:56 AM BST

Is Bryan Gunn [Norwich City] the first managerial casualty of the season? His record in league and cup for 09/10;

Played 2, Won 1, GF 5, GA 7.

Yes and thank the lord for that. I was at the 1-7 defeat last week. He should have quit straight after that!!!!!!!!

Quote: Chappers @ August 15 2009, 12:34 AM BST

How many times has he been sent off in his career? Not as many as Keane I'll grant you - but not as many as he should have been.

What has that got to do with anything?

He has won more than the entire history of Chelsea Football Club.

I take it you don't think Dennis Wise or Ron Chopper Harris are Chelsea legends then? After all they were sent off quite a bit...

I see Man City are off to a flying start.

I've noticed, though, that not as many people are as confident about Man City buying success as they were about Chelsea.

I see that Carlos Tevez only made it onto the subs bench. Adebayor and Bellamy starting up front.

I'm a Man Utd fan and very sad to see Tevez gone. I've only seen him play once (in fact I've only seen MU play once) and it was in a friendly against Peterborough - he played his socks off.

Yes top player.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 14 2009, 11:48 PM BST

I'm seriously thinking about going to the world cup next year in South Africa.

I'd love to go to a World Cup. The closest I've ever come to going to a major tournament was in 2000, when I did a competition on Teletext to win tickets for England's game against Romania, at the European Chamionships, and won. Unfortunately I didn't go, because the Teletext people phoned up when I was out and asked my mum if I had a valid passport, and she said I didn't. I spent the following couple of days trying to get in touch with the people on the phone, as I could've got the passport sorted in time, but I couldn't find them, and the match happened before it was sorted.

By the way, for those with ESPN, don't forget Everton vs. Arsenal, kicking off in half an hour.

So you missed Phil Neville giving that penalty away. I remember that night with anger, especially after how confident I was after Shearer's winner. But it was an ageing squad Keegan picked at Euro 2000- David Batty and Paul Ince (the former always a crap player, the latter great in his day, but France 98 should have been his swan song)

I'd like to go to a World Cup, but I'd much rather go to a Champions League final.

Good opening day to the season.

Arsenal looked really good but Everton looked an absolute shambles so I wouldn't get too carried away.

City win but nice to see Tevez start on the Bench again. Very smart move Carlos.

Also nice to see Drogba come out and admit his winner was a fluke. It always annoys me when players come out and pretend they meant for the cross to go in so kudos to Drogba for his honesty.

Burnley and Wolves were well beaten but didnt shame themselves and the seasons dark horses in Sunderland and last seasons dark horses Fulham win well.

Roll on tomorrow.