Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 70

Yeah, Dorking's my nearest too. One of the funniest people I've seen live ever, and that was about 10 years ago, before he got 'big'! ('Big' like a superstar, not 'big' like a larger tummy... though I have.)

Dan

I ordered my tickets a few days ago for Blackburn. Not seen him live before so really looking forward to it!

I like that the tour appears to be called Going Out.

:)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ April 29 2009, 5:32 PM BST

I like that the tour appears to be called Going Out.

:)

Dan

But a little sad that it doesn't start until December - was he perhaps planning to be working on something else before then?

Quote: CarlTH @ April 24 2009, 3:44 PM BST

"Next week Mark Freelands full interview will be on the website there was further dicussion on this than we had time for in the 15 minute show.
Thanks
POV team"

That 'full' interview is now on bbc.co.uk/pov but contains nothing else about NGO really. Just a little discalimer from Mr Freeland that "I didn't make that decision" before he goes on about how successful Horne and Corden has been.

Quote: PhilSug @ April 29 2009, 9:18 PM BST

That 'full' interview is now on bbc.co.uk/pov but contains nothing else about NGO really. Just a little discalimer from Mr Freeland that "I didn't make that decision" before he goes on about how successful Horne and Corden has been.

No point bothering with that then!

I must admit I'm really suprised at the news even though I stopped watching the show becausce quite frankly I thought it was poor.

I was a big fan of the first series and found it really funny, good natured and actually quite original. I was really looking forward to the second series altough for me it went downhill when they lost one of the main characters and introduced a new character (the cleaner).

So I didn't enjoy the second series and with the third I understood why. My big problem NGO is it's just the same jokes every week.

Joke No.1: Lee Mack makes a joke about Tim being either Posh, from down south or being a girl.
Joke No.2: Tim and Lucy make a joke about Lee being stupid, rough or being from up north.
Joke No.3: Lee makes a joke about Barbara being a bad cleaner.
Joke No.4: Barbara tells a rubbish joke or pun. (Hahaha.)

So for me the show has no substance and I stopped watching after the third episode of series 3. That's not to mention the rubbish storylines (yes I know it's a comedy but...), I had a wank in a bath, now you're pregnant! Yes very funny.

I support the show returning because as a Licence Fee payer it is much better and better value than Horne & Corden. But for me the show never hit the dizzy heights of series 1. Also I found the Kate character a lot more likeble than Lucy, and Bababra plain annoying. And if you dislike characters in a good natured sitcom that's never a good thing.

If the show wasn't recommisioned after series 1 then I would have been outraged but for me the last two series just haven't been funny.

And by the way I like silly kind of light sitcoms (The IT Crowd is brilliant)but they've got to be funny!

Horne and Doodah is rubbish. That advert where they are on the pottery wheel? Cringe worthy. This little guy pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole NGO and Horne and whats-his-face situation >> Angry

I have my Mack tickets booked for the Salford Lowry :D I bought 4 tickets though by accident Unimpressed Don't ask. I'm really looking forward to it and as someone said somewhere ^^up there^^ it's great how it's called Going Out! I hooe he's got some new material!

I'll have to take some spare knickers with me ready for when I throw the ones I'm wearing at him... Pleased

Just an extra note - how thin/squished does he look on his website? *cough*Photoshop*cough*

Quote: Princess Pancake @ May 10 2009, 4:15 AM BST

I have my Mack tickets booked for the Salford Lowry :D I bought 4 tickets though by accident

I almost did that too! Managed to rectify it just in time though. Tickets came through in post yesterday. Far too excited!

Quote: Princess Pancake @ May 10 2009, 4:15 AM BST

I'll have to take some spare knickers with me ready for when I throw the ones I'm wearing at him... Pleased

Ooh! Good idea! I'll take some to Blackburn and maybe then we can make it so that he gets knickers thrown at him from every venue in the North-West! :P

Quote: Lindyloop @ April 28 2009, 11:00 AM BST

What did everyone think of series 3 overall, anyway? It's not really been discussed since it was announced NGO was being axed!

Well imho series 3 is overall the best series. Shame it's being axed as it's so well written. So many bad/unfunny sitcoms about that keep getting recommissioned, laughable really that it's been axed. The head of comedy at the BBC must be clueless lol. Anyway thanks very much for 3 great series. Let's hope another channel picks it up. :D

BBC One Controller Jay Hunt was on today's Points Of View. Jeremy Vine briefly asked her about the axing of Not Going Out and After You've Gone. Basically her response was "I thought they'd run their course and want to try and launch some new comedies instead"

Quote: Mark @ May 17 2009, 5:02 PM BST

BBC One Controller Jay Hunt was on today's Points Of View. Jeremy Vine briefly asked her about the axing of Not Going Out and After You've Gone. Basically her response was "I thought they'd run their course and want to try and launch some new comedies instead"

To which Jeremy responded, "that's a load of bollocks, what's the real answer?".

Quote: Mark @ May 17 2009, 5:02 PM BST

Right. I think we all know what she's really doing is trying to put her own stamp on things.

Good on Jeremy Vine. I love the idea of him asking about it every Points of View..."yeah that's great but why has 'Not Going Out' gone?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-2dHeexPDs

"I've told you before the programme's called Loose Women"
Love it!

I heard that they were cancelling it due to "production costs". It's only ever set in the flat or the pub! Maybe if they hadn't flung so much money at Horne and Boredom, they could have squeezed the budget for more NGO. And if they're trying to appeal to the younger demographic, why show it on a Friday night when the most of the young'uns actually have gone out?

Quote: Lindyloop @ May 10 2009, 12:47 PM BST

I almost did that too! Managed to rectify it just in time though. Tickets came through in post yesterday. Far too excited!

Ooh! Good idea! I'll take some to Blackburn and maybe then we can make it so that he gets knickers thrown at him from every venue in the North-West! :P

I'm going to see him in Sheffield. And I'll be taking extra knickers.

I think we could start some sort of a trend Smarmy