Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 66

Quote: PhilSug @ April 7 2009, 1:12 PM BST

Well the Radio Times have printed my letter (albeit heavily edited/amended!)

I just read that and wondered if it was the letter someone had mentioned on here!

I thought its viewing figires were going up? Though, even taking that into account, they were quite low.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 7 2009, 1:25 PM BST

I just read that and wondered if it was the letter someone had mentioned on here!

I thought its viewing figires were going up? Though, even taking that into account, they were quite low.

Still whipped Al Murray's show on the other side, though, I believe.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 7 2009, 1:25 PM BST

Do they look back and say 'Well, Morecambe and Wise got 28 million viewers! NGO is nowhere near that!!'

Quote: Seefacts @ April 7 2009, 1:55 PM BST

Do they look back and say 'Well, Morecambe and Wise got 28 million viewers! NGO is nowhere near that!!'

Maybe? No? Yes? Sometimes? I don't know, I'm not a mind reader! I've come to accept that over the years.

Quote: PhilSug @ April 7 2009, 1:12 PM BST

"We appreciate that NGO has a loyal fanbase and that the decision will be a disappointment. However we felt that the programme had runs its course and of late had not performed as well as hoped"

What's that I smell? Oh yes; bollocks.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 7 2009, 1:55 PM BST

No. I think they look back and see that NGO got 3.8m viewers and then subsequently decide that the threshold for recommission is 3.81m viewers.

And that they no longer want any sitcoms that feature characters called "Lee" or "Tim".

Quote: PhilSug @ April 8 2009, 8:29 AM BST

No. I think they look back and see that NGO got 3.8m viewers and then subsequently decide that the threshold for recommission is 3.81m viewers.

And that they no longer want any sitcoms that feature characters called "Lee" or "Tim".

Aah, we've moved to the paranoid conspiracy theory stage now. Excellent. :)

Quote: chipolata @ April 8 2009, 10:09 AM BST

Aah, we've moved to the paranoid conspiracy theory stage now. Excellent. :)

I may have been joking.

3.8million is probably just as high as anything else in the timeslot would get.

As someone who doesn't even like the show I still find this decision baffling.

The fact I have no emotional attachment to the show means I can look at it in terms of facts.

From what I have read it had good ratings and was generally a mainstream comedy that was critcally acclaimed so it really does make it incredible that it was axed.

Still at least we can all look forward to series 2 of Coming of Age, Horne and Corden and the 28th series of Two Pints of Lager eh?

Quote: earman2009 @ April 8 2009, 7:29 PM BST

3.8million is probably just as high as anything else in the timeslot would get.

I think that it always 'won' its timeslot - but it seemed to lose about half a million of the viewers that QI had immediately before it.

Taking March 6th at random, at 9.30pm the figures were:

NGO - 3.5m
Kitchen Nightmares (C4) - 2.9m
NCIS (Five) - 2.8m
Al Murray (ITV) - 1.6m
Rocket Science (BBC2) - 1.4m

How many people could the BBC expect to watch NGO at 9:30 on a Friday? When does My Family come on? I bet NGO's ratings would be a lot higher if it aired at that time.

Edited by Aaron.

I'm number 1318 on the petition - one after Richard Mack - I hope he's a relation of Lee!

Like many people I don't understand this decision. I didn't get into the show myself until this year but was really enjoying it once I did. :(

Quote: PhilSug @ April 9 2009, 10:36 AM BST

I think that it always 'won' its timeslot - but it seemed to lose about half a million of the viewers that QI had immediately before it.

Taking March 6th at random, at 9.30pm the figures were:

NGO - 3.5m
Kitchen Nightmares (C4) - 2.9m
NCIS (Five) - 2.8m
Al Murray (ITV) - 1.6m
Rocket Science (BBC2) - 1.4m

But everyone knows viewing figures are bollocks. They're all just estimates. Nobody knows unless they had a register on every TV in the country.

Number 1330.

Bollocks or not, they are the official bollocks that all the TV companies agree on and go by. So they all agree NGO got 3.5m irrespective of the *true* figure. It won its slot.