Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 60

Another quick question for Andrew if I may.

Were you happy with Friday timeslot? I've said before on here that it would get more viewers if it was on Mid week. On Fridays a lot of the target audience is out getting hammered and trying to get laid.

Anyway this seems have caused outrage on here, which shows how people feel about this show. Maybe you should point the commissioners in this direction.

And another: did Not Going Out cost much more than your average sitcom? It seemed pretty minimalist to me so just wondering?

Grass was great btw. It dragged you in and was very funny and quite dark in places. It's actually more my kind of humour than NGO <ducks>

Dan

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/entertainment/Second-series-Horne-Corden/article-854667-detail/article.html

It's fine.

Started with barely anyone watching, and lost viewers as it went along.

You should have made it rubbish Andrew, then you'd have got eleven series

Re: Grass, perhaps I'm not the best to comment having never seen the character's source, but it wasn't really my taste in comedy and I still thought it was a pretty decent show.

(There's a compliment in there somewhere Andrew, promise!)

Being a massive fan of Simon Day and Billy Bleach I thought Grass was splendid. I probably enjoyed it more than Not Going Out - which was also really good. And the Collings and Herrin podcasts are also enjoyable. So... well done Andrew.

Surely it couldn't have cost more than Two Pints to make? That's studio based, filmed in London and on location, same size cast...?

Possibly a bigger set than Two Pints - which I think has a bigger cast. Two Pints is filmed in the BBC's own studios though, so I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

The cost excuse does seem very odd; I was never an avid viewer of this, but most of the episodes I did see seemed to be in two regular standing sets, and often nowhere else; which you would think would lead to quite a saving over other more roving shows.

Quote: Seefacts @ March 30 2009, 5:01 PM BST

Started with barely anyone watching, .

Be fair now, for a BBC 3 show it got a pretty massive audience.

It had been hinted and flagged up for some weeks on here that it wasn't going to be recommissioned. So, not surprised, just dismayed it's all been confirmed for certain. NGO is to be no more. :(

I could never understand the low audience share haul for NGO - was it 3 to 3.5 million at its peak? The snappy one-liners were just sheer unadulterated joy.

People are weird. I'm convinced those who cannot laugh whilst watching NGO are extraterrestrials - aliens who've taken on human form. Forcing suspect individuals to watch NGO should be used as a some kind of litmus test to 'out' them.

So what DO these aliens watch? Reality TV if the audience share results are anything to go by. The new Apprentice series has opened to its HIGHEST ever ratings of 8 million! 8 MILLION?!? (And the follow-up on BBC2 which more or less discusses what the viewer HAS JUST WATCHED, opened with 3 MILLION viewing figures). A TV show that's all about telling you what you've just watched, Sheesh! See how the audience laughs at the highlights.

In the top 10, according to BARB are all those Reality/Apprentice/Celebrities On Ice, things. NGO never even made it into the top 30, (probably not even the top 50 - or top 100). Are these Apprentice/reality shows that funny? Guess they are judging by the amount of media space devoted to discussing the idiotic outpourings of the deluded wannabes/celebrities on the show that cause the viewers so much laughter.

Maybe that's where TV has inevitably been heading for the last half century - to featuring real people to laugh at, rather than laughing at actors pretending to be real people.

By the way if any of you are Apprentice/Skating On Ice fans, please don't bother posting to defend - I don't encourage posts from extraterrestrials in their assimilation of human bodies.

- Oh and should the defenders of the reality shows coincidentally ALSO enjoy NGO then all that proves is that the new enhanced alien lifeforms are set to take over TV completely. No NGO? It's the end.

I genuinely don't understand the BBC, what a bunch of wankers. You can quote me on that: The BBC are a bunch of wankers.

I'm considering not paying the licence fee, a hundred and odd quid for what? With the loss of NGO the only programme I watch on there is Heroes and that's not British. Shameful, absolutely shameful.....Wankers!

This is an outrage! Easily the best sitcom the BBC has and they get rid of it! Hopefully NGO can do a Family Guy and come back! How are DVD sales of NGO? I've got series 1 and 2. Who else? If you don't have them both, get them. We should start a petition or something. This show's not ready to go yet. Teary

Quote: jacparov @ March 30 2009, 8:33 PM BST

I'm considering not paying the licence fee, a hundred and odd quid for what? With the loss of NGO the only programme I watch on there is Heroes and that's not British.

Do you ever listen to BBC Radio? Buy any DVDs of BBC programmes? Use the BBC website?

Quote: Danny K @ March 30 2009, 8:09 PM BST

So what DO these aliens watch? Reality TV if the audience share results are anything to go by. The new Apprentice series has opened to its HIGHEST ever ratings of 8 million! 8 MILLION?!? (And the follow-up on BBC2 which more or less discusses what the viewer HAS JUST WATCHED, opened with 3 MILLION viewing figures). A TV show that's all about telling you what you've just watched, Sheesh! See how the audience laughs at the highlights.

I belive they all watch documentries about fat blokes having operations. :)

Or about people pretending to be animals. Oh, what delights will BBC Three bring us next?