Horne & Corden Page 13

Quote: Seefacts @ March 11 2009, 3:09 PM GMT

Who else wrote for this? Or was it just C&H?

There were a couple of other writers, at least. Nobody I'd heard of, mind.

Quote: Seefacts @ March 11 2009, 3:09 PM GMT

Who else wrote for this? Or was it just C&H?

Judging by the tone and quality, I suspect a few School of Comedy writers may have been involved at some point. Unimpressed

I won't name them but to my knowledge there were four other writers.

I didn't see it as I was watching Mad Men and Party Animals, but I'm going to check it out on the old iPlayer.

That James Corden is so fat though LOLZZZZZ.

Quote: chipolata @ March 11 2009, 3:11 PM GMT

Judging by the tone and quality, I suspect a few School of Comedy writers may have been involved at some point. Unimpressed

Doubt it.

They're probably too busy writing for Mitchell & Webb.

Jon Brown + The Dawson Brothers.

Quote: Frank Dartson @ March 11 2009, 3:51 PM GMT

The Dawson Brothers.

They get bloody everywhere those two!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 11 2009, 4:07 PM GMT

They get bloody everywhere those two!

Those three.

Quote: Simon B @ March 11 2009, 4:08 PM GMT

Those three.

They're multiplying . . .

Prior to watching Horne & Corden, I viewed Heston Blumenthal's (great name) cookery programme, his theme being yesteryear foods. Entertaining stuff. Switching on to Horne & Corden, it was apparent that they had picked up on the yesteryear "food theme" as they duly presented us with tripe and more tripe.
This was a mistake by these 2 actor chappies, as Heston does it so much better, and his cookery show has a lot more laughs.

Smos

I could not agree more. This has to be some of the worst "comedy" I've ever had the misfortune to sit through. I stayed with it in the obviously vain hope that it might improve. Credits rolled.....Simon Greenall, top chap underused. Kathy Burke, what were you thinking? How the heck did this get through commissioning?
Rolling eyes

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 10 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

All the h8terz dawg. Not that I'm a big fan or anything, but the amount of bile they've attracted is astounding, even for here!

I must say, that the split between those who've enjoyed Horne & Corden and those who haven't on this thread is very, very, interesting, because across the media in general, H&C is being vilified to an extraordinary degree. (I haven't seen it yet, but I just HAVE to now, if nothing else than from a perverse rubber-necking-motorway-crash-scene point of view.)

I think the general consensus, 'out there', is hardening against H&C with many thinking they're being devastatingly original by stating that it represents the end of the sketch show format (like they did for sitcoms). From now on it'll be fascinating to see who, if any, stand by their original assertion that it was, on first viewing, an enjoyable sketch show - for no other reason than 'the herd' has moved against the show. And people are, if nothing else, creatures of herd instincts. In fact such is the vitriol gaining momentum against H&C, that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the show pulled before it completes its scheduled run.

Just watching now, the gay journalist in Basra is quite funny. And Corden has Gervais down. :D

I've just watched this show on the iPlayer - I didn't laugh once. Utterly awful! I sense a few BCG awards going its way, and they are not the good ones.

I can do a good Catherine Tate impression - do you think someone'll give me and a mate our own sketch show? :)