Treason Show - USE THIS THREAD PLEASE Page 2

Quote: Hennell @ October 17 2008, 8:40 PM BST

hadn't even realized NR used gags too, would you be able to post any you've had used? I'd love to see what type of thing they go for.

I'm not really a gag writer, but here's a couple they've used in the past:

People say, "What's the difference between David Cameron and David Beckham?"
Well, one's posh and likes to experiment with dope. The other's …

Barack Obama's team is said to be increasingly concerned about recent revelations that he is related not only to George Bush but Dick Cheney. A spokesman said, "Barack could just about cope with Bush, but he's finding Dick a lot harder to swallow."

Quote: Hennell @ October 17 2008, 1:17 PM BST

I'm attempting to step up my Treason show writing having got a sketch in last week, but I'm still trying to work out what sort of things are wanted and have now discovered I'm crap at songs.

Has anyone here written any captions or gags for them that got performed? I like gag writing but don't really know how it works in the show. Are they performed as a stand-up like bit, or just VO'd like (I assume) the captions are?

I had three gags in last month. I still couldn't tell you why they chose mine and not anybody else's

Griff, hadn't even realized NR used gags too, would you be able to post any you've had used? I'd love to see what type of thing they go for.

Am about to disappear on hols for a week but remind me when I get back and I'll PM you.

I've just watched the October videos on the Treason site.

I'd have thought they'd have put up videos of their BEST stuff online.

They posted videos containing sketches (and songs) that I didn't laugh at once.

I'm sure Treason is usually funnier. Maybe October is a bad time to get good writers in.

Thing is it's what the audience wants.

They laugh genuinely deeply, even at the naffing Dave Cameron.

If I was in the audience, I'd want witty sketches with funny punchlines.
Surely Mark was sent better sketches.

Or maybe he had a shortage this month.

Diferent audiences for diferent material.

I enjoy writing for NR because anything goes, and if it isn't fun it won't run.

I still can't crack Treason myself.
Well, Mark loved and accepted one of my songs last month, but it didn't get used in the end. (damn)

It's a strange one Treason. I finally had a couple in at the beginning of the year after trying for ages. Then sent nothing for ages. Then got asked to be put on permanent writers list. Then finally sent a sketch in. Strange but true. I'll probably never get anything in now Teary

Roscoff you said you had a couple in, but never sent a sketch in?

I thought I'd try my hand at topicals and songs, so I joined Treason Show writers team this week.
I've already sent them several 'witty sketches with funny punchlines' and a song!

Is anybody going to this tomorrow night? We're probably going to Brighton later on, so might end up going.

EDIT: Oh, it's not on. Never mind...

Dan

It's on in Brighton next weekend.

Quote: JohnnyD @ October 23 2008, 9:38 AM BST

I thought I'd try my hand at topicals and songs, so I joined Treason Show writers team this week.
I've already sent them several 'witty sketches with funny punchlines' and a song!

Good luck.

n.b. check out their clips on the site, and stuff people on this site have got in.

Treason has a formula they like to stick to.

Just wondering if the running order for Treason has been sent out yet.