Treason Show - USE THIS THREAD PLEASE Page 8

yeah maybe I should've reminded him, although I don't like sending such emails.

I guess mine will still be topical for some time to come yet.

I'm going next Thursday to the Bath show. Tis the closest one to me tis.

I'm going to the bath show too. first 'treason' I'll have seen since starting to write for it back in '02. and I've got a sketch in it. game on! ;)

SKETCH / SONGWRITER
Money Money MoneyCarol Kentish
Darling's Car PlanNeil Bakewell
Closing Down SaleMickey Jackson
Comic Relief QuickieTerry Adlam
When Wendy Met JadeGordon Robertson
I'd Do Anything Kate Lane
School Raffle Gary Beard
Saving Jack (Fri only)John Kelly
In Custardy Robin Miller
Ministerial HealthGordon Robertson
Sri Lanka Cricket TeamGavin Whenman
Why Can't I Claim For 2 Houses?Sarah Hutchings & Hil Cooke
OAP Judge Mark Brailsford
Book For BedtimeNeil Bakewell
Bishop Williamson's JobGordon Robertson
Winnie & Doris – Iggy PopJohn Random
The Man Who Broke the RBSGary Beard
Nerk & Sopheee FacebookGordon Robertson
ITV Terry Adlam
University ChallengeMickey Jackson
TWAT Steve Evans
Downturn John Random
Get A Life (Iggy Pop)Matt Bates
Masterchef Gary Beard
Waxo Jacko Kate Lane
Spoonful of MedicineCarol Kentish
Time Team Gary Beard
Queen Mum StatueGordon Robertson
Lloyds (RBS) ExcuseGordon Robertson
Mandy Daniel Beales
Holiday Hell Tom Johnstone
NHS Menu Anton Russell
Our House It Won't SellMikey Jackson & Pauline Gold
Richard & Judy Daniel Beales
Brown Nosing Martin Malcolm
Touring For The MoneyCarol Kentish
Ryan Air MedleyJon Dixon / Gary Bainbridge

Two for me again this month. Well done to all - lots of familiar names in the list!

Two sketches and a song for me this month. :)

Hmmm... this will give me something to do. Current correct propa email for sending?

*knocks something up*

A chest of drawers?!

*tries again*

Well done Bigfella, Mikey.
Got me first Treason sketch :)

And yeah, congrats Rob for getting In Custardy in both Treason and NR. :)

Current correct propa email for sending?

I'm not one for putting email addies of forums, but you can get the current email on the treasonshow.co.uk website.

Hi Folks,
just popping by to say hello- I have just found this site and it is great to be able to hear about other writers.
I am brand new to writing- I sent me first sketches off last month and the Treason Show used a song & a sketch- and I was the happiest bunny in the world.
What a fantastic feeling!!!
I went to see the show and Mark & the gang were so friendly and encouraging-as were a couple of other writers who I met there.
I am now knocking out sketches like crazy and sending them everywhere I can find - although suggestions as to where to send material would be REALLY appreciated.
Had a few rejections-and it stings- but I guess that is the nature of the game.
Happy writing everyone,
Kate

Congratulations Kate, you did really well to get a sketch and a song in first time you sent.

Newsrevue is the obvious other place to send topical stuff to, and Watson's Wind-up, which still has a few episodes left this series. There are threads for both of them here or on the Writing Opportunities forum.

Thanks John.
I have been sending loads of stuff to Newsrevue(no luck yet) and hope to go and watch it in a couple of weeks. I tried Watson's Wind-up, but they say they have their own sketch writers (unless it was a kind way of saying sod-off!), although they would like newslines- so I am having a bash at those.

Hello all

Anyone going to the show this weekend? I've just reserved a ticket for Friday. New to this and nervous all ready... what's worse, getting something in and watching it die on its arse or not getting anything in...? Not sure I'm cut out for this marlarky :$

I went to see the show and Mark & the gang were so friendly and encouraging-as were a couple of other writers who I met there.

Kate, did you get to meet Mark and the gang when you went to the show?

New to this and nervous all ready... what's worse, getting something in and watching it die on its arse or not getting anything in...?

That's the trouble. Not knowing whether you have something in the show.

Quote: clueless @ May 6 2009, 11:59 AM BST

Hello all

Anyone going to the show this weekend? I've just reserved a ticket for Friday. New to this and nervous all ready... what's worse, getting something in and watching it die on its arse or not getting anything in...? Not sure I'm cut out for this marlarky :$

I'm going Friday too. Maybe see you there.

It's still amazing to actually see something you've written on stage in front of 250 people. And if it dies, you can always blame the actors.

I tried Watson's Wind-up, but they say they have their own sketch writers (unless it was a kind way of saying sod-off!), although they would like newslines- so I am having a bash at those.

Watson's have their own in-house writers for most of their material.
They accept short sketches (i.e. two or three line sketches) or the newsreader style gags.

But ALAS! Watson's Wind Up has now finished.