Treason Show - USE THIS THREAD PLEASE Page 6

I've NEVER had an acknowledgement email. No wonder they never use my stuff.

Also, I'm crap.

Bandage it's cause you keep putting them in the dog poo bin.
That bin's only got Treason show written on it.

Talking of formatting and whatever, I'm not using Word at the moment; is there something like ScriptSmart I can use with OpenOffice?

Word's fine as long as it's legible and double spaced they're cool.

Yeah, but I'm not using Word....

Well I guess anything that can be opened by word?

If it's easy to open and readable your fine. They ain't writers room.

Quote: NoggetFred @ January 29 2009, 4:06 PM GMT

Talking of formatting and whatever, I'm not using Word at the moment; is there something like ScriptSmart I can use with OpenOffice?

Pretty sure that ScriptSmart does not work in either OpenOffice or NeoOffice, and as far as I am aware there is nothing equivalent that does.

However it is not difficult to format something so it looks professional, and you should be able to save from OpenOffice into Word without buggering the formatting.

Use this thread to prevent a million Treason threads - Please keep discussion on Treason here. :)

Sorry for confusion, saw two Treason threads near each other and now can only find one. I have crud in my eyes and between my ears, today. :$

How soon before the shows does the running order for this come out usually? I think they are using 2 of my sketches, but haven't heard anything yet.

They don't usually make the running order known until the end of the month, after all the month's shows are done. (unlike the weekly News Revue, Treason do one show per month at multiple venues.
They're doing Brighton and Worthing shows on Valentine's weekend, but they've also got shows in Bath, Exeter, etc near the end of the month.

*********EDIT********************

Oh... just noticed on Show Dates, the Worthing date is gorrrrrrn.

I was planning to go to that as well.

I got the writers' tickets email, but how do you know if you've got anything in without a running order!?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 11 2009, 8:39 AM GMT

I got the writers' tickets email, but how do you know if you've got anything in without a running order!?

Dan

Crystal Ball? ;)

Ah! Of course!

<sticks pins in 'Nuts voodoo doll, which is just a big brazil nut until he can get a proper one>

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 11 2009, 8:39 AM GMT

Dan

You don't they sometimes do provisional running orders a week or 2 in advance, but they tend to change.

Generally the final running order comes out after the last performance. My advice go and see the show and have a laugh.

Yeah, will do at some point. Can't this w/e. Last time we were in Brighton we were going to go, but found out at the last minute -- it wasn't on! Argh! Schoolboy error!

Dan