Treason Show - USE THIS THREAD PLEASE Page 9

Quote: John Kelly @ May 6 2009, 2:19 PM BST

I'm going Friday too. Maybe see you there.

It's still amazing to actually see something you've written on stage in front of 250 people. And if it dies, you can always blame the actors.

Excellent. I'll be the nervous looking, drunk woman diving under the table everytime a song starts ;)

(I hope it <i>is</i> a good turn out. Did you hear, Mark's livid the Komedia hadn't printed the flyers or posters and they've booked two other sketch shows on the same night! Oops. Heard it plugged on Juice though.)

Well that was a complete blast, very funny and they made my effort far, far better than it looked on paper! Lovely to meet you John and yes - you were dead right, what a buzz! All giddy now and going to bed :)

Quote: clueless @ May 9 2009, 12:26 AM BST

Well that was a complete blast, very funny and they made my effort far, far better than it looked on paper! Lovely to meet you John and yes - you were dead right, what a buzz! All giddy now and going to bed :)

No, your song was great. Possibly the best song in the show. And the audience obviously really identified with the subject. Shame there isn't another Brighton show now till August.

Shame there isn't another Brighton show now till August.

Do you mean Treason isn't on in June or July?

Thanks John! :D (goes giddy again). And I forgot to ask which skits were yours - how rude! (I was a a tad drunk by the end and ironically - desperate for a fag so couldn't concentrate.)

Hi Mikey - Treason announced on local radio yesterday (do you get Juice in Worthing?) that they're going to Berlin next month instead. There's a notice about it on their website now. I'm somehow imaging Mark made-up like Joel Grey...

Lou x

I didn't have anything in. I was on the list of writers at the end, so I guess I must have had something in the running order that got pulled shortly before the show.

And yes, the programme said the next Brighton Treason is August, but they've got Berlin next month, and a writers' meeting in Brighton coming up in a couple of weeks.

Hi Mikey - Treason announced on local radio yesterday (do you get Juice in Worthing?) that they're going to Berlin next month instead. There's a notice about it on their website now.

Oh, right. Might be able to get Juice. Dunno coz I don't really listen to radio.

Very strange that I didn't get the running order in my inbox this month.
What's that "Top Secret Sketch?" If it's James Bond and to do with tax havens, then I got one in.

Fingers crossed Mikey - I've still yet to crack this bad boy. Occasionally I get an email saying that they liked something but can never quite get in.

Right - I'm going to polish some flu sketches about every animal I can think of and get in first :)

I'm not sure either - I might have the Gordon and Darling one or the Charles and the Pope one. Or both. Or most likely neither!

F

there was a top secret skit about docs left on a train and a Charles and Camilla meet the Pope skit - punchline - thought we wouldn't get on. Went down very well that one. :)

How did Star Trekkin go down? This was the first month I've been able to contribute to TS for ages that was the song we sent in. Agadoo might have been ours as well, but difficult to tell from just the title (if it went down a storm then it was definitely ours, if not must have been a similarly titled one from some hack...)

Quote: clueless @ May 9 2009, 7:31 PM BST

there was a top secret skit about docs left on a train and a Charles and Camilla meet the Pope skit - punchline - thought we wouldn't get on. Went down very well that one. :)

Excellent! That is good news :) :)

Not mine though. :(

Gordon Brown and Darling cropped up a few times - could you give us a prompt, Bigfella, and I'd tell you which one (my memory's shite, sorry). Star Trekking - they did as the encore on Friday - all vested up trekky-style and it went down a storm. Agaddoo was hilarious - it was the straight faced rendition, introduced as the latest Ben Elton musical?

The Agadoo Ben Elton sketch was written by Griff.
I saw that performed at the NewsRevue show.

Take a pay freeze mr postman is mine!

That's the first thing I've had used!