Mock The Week - 2007 & 2008 Page 24

No, don't really care all that much.

I thought Frankie was really on top form this episode. The whole "For me it's sausages" bit was hilarious... I think he realized his over the top offensive stuff was getting a little bit worn... he was starting to remind me of Sarah Silverman in the last episode.

"Citizens of New atlantis, we must self-destruct!
Prime Minister Boyle, you say that in every crisis - This time I mean it!"

I often watch the episodes on YouTube once some kind soul has them posted up. And with all due respect to the others, David Mitchell is my pick whenever he's on. He's just wittier than the rest of them, though perhaps only marginally (bar Parsons, who has the wit of a walnut).

I very much enjoy MTW, though.

I do love David Mitchell. I'd like him on it every week, he's like the opposite of Frankie, but possibly just as funny.

I think Russel Howard is fantastic, and I love Michael Mcintire when hes on.

Quote: zooo @ September 1 2008, 1:42 PM BST

I do love David Mitchell. I'd like him on it every week, he's like the opposite of Frankie, but possibly just as funny.

Yes. And yet, despite their radically divergent methods, I think there is some mutual admiration - even love? - in their relationship. One feels there's static in the air when their eyes meet. A little smile here, a subtly batted eyelash there...

Oh don't get me excited. :)

Hahahaha... Mitchell of course is a god in the comedy scene.. I'd love to see him replace Andy Parsons as a permanent fixture on MTW. Let Andy come on as a guest once in a while... Mitchell is great on Would I Lie To You but political/social satire is right up his alley and MTW is perfect for him.

Good episode last night. I enjoyed Frankie's ocassional comments on the super collider and it's possible risk and it really did lead into a memorable few minutes where everyone seemed involved. That's always nice to see :)

ICE FISHING!

Watched some of this last night, just to see if my general impression of it as a pile of shit could be reversed. That didn't happen. It is total balls. Followed by The Cup. Well done BBC2. An hour of old man's piss.

Last night's episode was one of my favourite ones so far. I even thought that Lauren Laverne was funnier than most of the other women they've had on this series despite not being a comedian by trade. She didn't do much in the scenes we'd like to see but it would have been hard with Frankie and Michael jostling for the mike

Excellent episode. Don't think I've laughed as much to one yet. Although I should remember to not be eating at the same time in future, as I nearly choked on numerous occasions...

I think McIntyre came off much better this week. The only joke reuse I recognised was his one about sailing to work, which he used in his Live at the Apollo episode (I was there :D ). It seems he's learned from his two awkward appearances this series and has actually managed to turn it into an angle for him. His perhaps intentional flub on the 'What Is The Question?' round felt like a callback to when he did so last time.

It was good this week. I loved Frankie's bit about the collider.

But that ICE FISHING part was bizarre. As Frankie seemed to know afterwards. :)

Quote: zooo @ September 5 2008, 2:06 PM BST

But that ICE FISHING part was bizarre. As Frankie seemed to know afterwards. :)

That was great - nice to see the show briefly entering surreal territory.

Anyway, last week some people weren't too convinced of my 'counting the clapping' experiment to prove that Frankie Boyle is the true star of the show. So this week I've tried a different tack: counting how many times each contestant went up to the mic in the final round. Even assuming the editors are a little biased, the results are still rather conclusive I think:

Frankie: IIIII IIIII I
Hugh: IIIII
Russell: IIII
Michael: IIII
Andy: II
Lauren: I

Why do females always seem to stuggle on this show? Personally I think it's the booking. There's plenty of good female stand-ups out there who could hold their own on the show - why don't they book them?