The Likely Lads Page 2

Found in the 1990s. A cock up by 2 entertain.

Quote: Deferenz @ June 24 2008, 4:34 PM BST

With regard to what Jack is saying with the extra episode, does it actually have anything to do with which set you get? I know you said both sets are the same but what if one contains the extra episode?

Play.com's box set was called; The Very Best of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads. Whereas Amazon's was called The Likely Lads Collection. The question could be - which set is the latest?

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2008, 2:54 PM BST

Play are idiots. It's exactly the same thing, but they've put the incorrect details in.

They are identical. Play have the wrong name, and misleading information. That's all there is to it.

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2008, 1:11 PM BST

Think of the young 'uns who are members, some of whom don't even post in this forum very often. Robyn, Charly, Elliot and Ellie spring to mind. Even zooo might not have seen it.

This is, after all, what a forum about British sitcoms is for.

It's usually about anything you want it to be about Aaron

True. But strictly speaking... :D

I've only seen WHTTLL, but I'm a big fan of it.

It's quite overlooked due to the lack of repeats.

Re: The lack of repeats - is this something to do with Bolam and Bewes feud?

James Bolam wouldn't allow repeats of WHTTLL for a long time because he wanted to move on and be seen for something other than Terry Collier. He doesn't like Bewes though, that's for sure.

David Jason is still doing the same with almost all of his pre Fools and Horses work cept Open All Hours.

I have a dozen episodes of A Sharp Intake of Breath and he is quite good in them - the other actors who need royalties are not big fans of his apparently :)

Quote: Winterlight @ June 24 2008, 4:54 PM BST

It's quite overlooked due to the lack of repeats.

Re: The lack of repeats - is this something to do with Bolam and Bewes feud?

As Alan said. But beyond that, just because channels are stupid.

Anyone remember the origins of sitcom (I forget what they called it exactly) season which UKTV Gold ran a few years ago? My first taste of Hancock, Steptoe, Likely Lads, and a number of others. Haven't seen it repeated before or since though.

Quote: Alan C @ June 24 2008, 4:57 PM BST

David Jason is still doing the same with almost all of his pre Fools and Horses work cept Open All Hours.

He also blocks OFAH from clip shows and the like. Doesn't want to be remembered only as Del Boy, apparently.

The Whatever... episodes were repeated a couple of times in the 90s on BBC2. Even the surviving episodes of the original were shown, including the episode they forgot to put on the original dvd set.

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2008, 5:00 PM BST

Doesn't want to be remembered only as Del Boy, apparently.

Given the turkeys he has been turning out for ITV over recent years you would think he would be grateful for people being reminded.

Quote: Bad dog @ June 24 2008, 5:05 PM BST

The Whatever... episodes were repeated a couple of times in the 90s on BBC2. Even the surviving episodes of the original were shown, including the episode they forgot to put on the original dvd set.

Yes Bolam did relent once people were talking about him in other stuff.

Quote: Timbo @ June 24 2008, 5:07 PM BST

Given the turkeys he has been turning out for ITV over recent years you would think he would be grateful for people being reminded.

Haha!

A fun job... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/harryfielder/actors/LikelyFatOx.jpg

Aitch,

You really have been in everything! :D

Even good old Potter..... Whistling nnocently Whistling nnocently

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/harryfielder/comedy/PDVD_021.jpg

Aitch,

I shall make sure to keep an eye out.

Why don't they repeat these things anymore? Grrr! *shakes fist*