Taskmaster Page 15

Hmm, episodes 2 & 3 (of series 16) weren't as good as the opener, IMO. Hope it picks up again.

Quote: a plate @ 6th October 2023, 8:46 PM

Hmm, episodes 2 & 3 (of series 16) weren't as good as the opener, IMO. Hope it picks up again.

Yes agree - sadly it seems to have tailed off somewhat

I haven't noticed any dip.

I liked Sam offering to help clean up after the task. I've often wondered if any of them do that. Bob Mortimer made a hell of a mess on a task once. (Not that I hold it against him seeing as he's a bloody national treasure.)

Quote: zooo @ 7th October 2023, 7:55 AM

I haven't noticed any dip.

I liked Sam offering to help clean up after the task. I've often wondered if any of them do that. Bob Mortimer made a hell of a mess on a task once. (Not that I hold it against him seeing as he's a bloody national treasure.)

Ha, I remember that, the task was to make as much mess as possible and then clean it up, but Bob rather conveniently 'ran out of time' for the cleaning up bit!

(Impressed I managed to spell "conveniently" correctly without getting a red zigzag line).

Back to this series, I thought the tasks haven't been quite as good in the past couple of episodes, and there's maybe not much chemistry between the contestants as a group compared to some previous ones? Agreed that Sam is coming across quite well so far though, it wouldn't surprise me if this exposure helps lead to him getting more attention/his own series in the future.

Quote: a plate @ 7th October 2023, 12:51 PM

Ha, I remember that, the task was to make as much mess as possible and then clean it up, but Bob rather conveniently 'ran out of time' for the cleaning up bit!

Yes! It was the most obnoxious thing ever, but he still managed to be adorable doing it.

Back to this series, I thought the tasks haven't been quite as good in the past couple of episodes, and there's maybe not much chemistry between the contestants as a group compared to some previous ones? Agreed that Sam is coming across quite well so far though, it wouldn't surprise me if this exposure helps lead to him getting more attention/his own series in the future.

Yes, he's the only one I'd never heard of, but he's growing on me. I love what he did to the thesaurus.

Sam is great, I remember him being funny on Cats does Countdown
Loving him so far, and he even offered to help tidy up bless him

Well, I criticised it earlier, but it did finish on a high, and seeing Lucy Beaumont in a different light, as I think she is a hoot - what she did with a ring doughnut though.............................. 🤢

It was Taskmaster New Year's Treat last night - the annual one-off for New Year with non-comedians (who, naturally, are sometimes funnier than the comedians).

The contestants were: Deborah Meaden, Kojey Radical, Lenny Rush, Steve Backshall and Zoe Ball. The only one I hadn't heard of was Kojey Radical (a grime/rap artist), but he was good, as they all were.

Perhaps surprisingly, Deborah Meaden provided some laugh out loud moments as well, coming across as more fun than her grumpy persona on Dragon's Den (though perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise, as she's previously said she actually liked Harry Enfield's unflattering impression of her on Harry and Paul!)

The only bit I didn't care for was the final onstage task, most of which I fastforwarded, but those final tasks often tend to be a bit crap IMO.

I want Lenny and Kojey back for a full series.

And now the new Champion of Champions episode - decent episode and some good tasks. Nice to see all those past winners (and Kiell!) back again, all enthusiastic competitors.
SPOILERS
Who would've thought something as simple as Dara putting f**ken elastic bands on his head could be so entertaining!?
And that was actually real paint that Morgana used in the 'do something stupid' task??

Quote: a plate @ 15th January 2024, 1:37 AM

And now the new Champion of Champions episode - decent episode and some good tasks. Nice to see all those past winners (and Kiell!) back again, all enthusiastic competitors.
SPOILERS
Who would've thought something as simple as Dara putting f**ken elastic bands on his head could be so entertaining!?
And that was actually real paint that Morgana used in the 'do something stupid' task??

It seemed to be real! Presumably, not toxic though.
Great episode, as always.

If it was kids paint it might be safe to eat. Kids are idiots.

Steve Pemberton is a great choice for Taskmaster. Looks like another great line up.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 15th January 2024, 12:02 PM

Steve Pemberton is a great choice for Taskmaster. Looks like another great line up.

Should be, yeah. Sometimes Steve seems quite serious when not playing a character, but he should be good.
Apparently Nick Mohammed will be doing his tasks in a Dracula costume. (Although he did star in a Dracula comedy musical a while back, so that almost makes sense).

Recent article where Stephen Merchant expressed an interest in appearing in Taskmaster. Hope that happens one day!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/fyi/486/stephen-merchant-wants-to-do-taskmaster/