I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,432

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th June 2022, 10:18 PM

Not interested in your lame political system.

On the contrary, you seem very interested indeed.

Like the Taliban you are taking away women's rights, with religion as justification.

I'm sure you'd love to believe that to be true, but it's simply not. For some reason, many Americans are not all that keen on killing babies. Frankly, it's Taliban-level barbarism that the UK allows abortions at a stage in fetal development in which it stands a good chance of surviving outside of the womb.

It's this anti-English/anti-American sentiment that pollutes these so called 'comedy' forums that gives it that certain shine.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th June 2022, 9:24 PM

Don't discount the rather mainstream moral aversion that most human beings have to killing babies,

Something like 60% of Americans are pro-choice and keeping the status quo.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th June 2022, 9:38 PM

Nice to see that your archive collection of Daily Mails, stored with care over the years, has come in useful.

Do you or your good wife read the Daily Mail, Billy? Because you do seem very protective towards it!

Quote: zooo @ 25th June 2022, 6:55 PM

Well why don't you go and get adopted by Boris then if you love him so much!

Maybe I will!

... or, dare I say it, an opinion.

I thought it had been well established on these pages that people weren't allowed to have opinions unless they coincided with the perceived wisdom of the day.

Quote: chipolata @ 26th June 2022, 5:48 AM

Do you or your good wife read the Daily Mail, Billy? Because you do seem very protective towards it!

I'm just intrigued at how everybody on these forums seems obsessed with it and "its readers".

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th June 2022, 8:06 AM

I thought it had been well established on these pages that people weren't allowed to have opinions unless they coincided with the perceived wisdom of the day.

Even the most cursory reading of this thread would prove that to be utter nonsense.

I'm just intrigued at how everybody on these forums seems obsessed with it and "its readers".

No you're not - that's just the same gag. Again.
You know perfectly well why it's pertinent.
A lot of people read it and, worse still, many of them believe it.
Not saying you read it - though you do seem to resent it's dishonesty being pointed out.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th June 2022, 8:06 AM

But surely there's an awful lot of people on these forums are 'obsessed' with the BBC and their percieved left wing liberal 'agenda' or wokeness. You're being very selective in zeroing in on Daily Mail mentions. And as Lazzard said, it's a very popular tabloid and very influential on how people think. My parents read it and often parrot the opinions of that newspaper.

Posting in 'bold and italics. Somebody is nettled.

On other matters: up here in the bad lands, the busses have been on strike for over 3 weeks.
Combined with intermittent rail strikes, it is causing mayhem and hardship.
There are no taxis free as they are fully booked up so thousands have not been able to get to work.
Just what you need in these austere times.

Radio 4 seems to be all gays and blacks people now. It is no longer for me. Nothing is. Equalities laws are actually very right wings. In the old days, nice peoples like mes saw minorities as very special peoples who needed supports and so they all enjoyeds lots of above average kindnesses from us nice peoples whereas now they are all just ordinarys and sadly they don't get that any longers. They have taken a lot aways from us all in that fascist way.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th June 2022, 9:29 AM

Posting in 'bold and italics. Somebody is nettled.

Apologies - I wasn't shouting.
I'd f**ked up the quote thing and was trying to sort out my reply from original quote.
Immediately regretted it.
Should have deleted and started again.
Hey-Ho.

Radio 4s would still be for me if it was full of gays and blacks people talking about something other than gays and blacks people. Or womens talking about womens and posh white working class media mens talking about posh white working class media mens. I would be quite happys hearing any of them talkings about a mongoose, geraniums or the 15th Century. But they donts. They just spend their whole times talking about themselves.

What I do thinks is we should just abandon Ukraine because climate change will destroys it and the rest of the globe anyways.

Also, on balance, I support climate change as it will lead to more equality for animals.

Yesterday was Mel Brooks' birthday so I celebrated. I celebrated the fact that he's a year closer to death.

I thought he had died.

I have had bad Covid symptoms for 4 days and a customer has asked that I have a negative test before I come. (which was supposed to be today)
Trying to get a lateral flow test from Boots or any local chemists today is impossible. The earliest is Saturday.
pcrlabs are sending a pack of 4 first class for tomorrow. (£13.00)
I read that there is a new wave coming. I hope it's just Flu or summat.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th June 2022, 10:29 AM

I have had bad Covid symptoms for 4 days and a customer has asked that I have a negative test before I come. (which was supposed to be today)
Trying to get a lateral flow test from Boots or any local chemists today is impossible. The earliest is Saturday.
pcrlabs are sending a pack of 4 first class for tomorrow. (£13.00)
I read that there is a new wave coming. I hope it's just Flu or summat.

It's everywhere now. I had it two weeks ago and it wasn't even as bad as my reactions to my last two vaccinations. I have a stack of tests at home; the post office will send us 8 free tests every couple of months.

Hope you feel better soon.