I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,429

I know they don't have Exit Polls but no Bye Election Specials on BBC or Sky?
Given that there are two important ones under way this is a surprise? Its not often that news producers turn down the chance of at least six hours of a show were they can line the guests up in advance and have a fair idea of how the show will pan out? These Bye Elections should be a gift, at times the news is so slow that the loop is tiny and they have to start waffling like they're on QVC.
Were they pulled at planning level by the BBC because they're Tory Poodles? And was SKY told to stand down by the less than gay divorcee? One wonders.

Sky have just put one on. it wasn't advertised as such so I only found out by hopping. BBC not bothering .

Boris got such a shafting, they could have run the result on the 6 o'clock news.
The old toast and marmalade tasted a little sweeter this morning.

I ended up having to work late so I watched it unfolding. The letter Downden presented at 5.30 am today was clearly written yesterday as he had no intention of coming out to explain it on the media rounds.
We have reached the point now were anyone doing the rounds are those that wil have to go when Johnson does. Like any football manager sacking, his backroom staff have to go with him.
Dorries, JR Mogg, Patel, Raab et all know any attempt to change the head and try to look sensible includes their heads rolling.
We may well see a lot more of Micheal Gove in the next few days, plus Ben Wallace will start talking about Ukraine while Bojo is abroad as will Truss.
Let's see who is the first to kick the Big Dog while its really down .

I'd say Boris is probably safe until Autumn and the party conference season. Then if he survives that I'd say he's in place until the next election, which could well be 2023.

No the veil is lifted , he has no sparkle and they know it so they need to get rid of him ASAP.
This country is facing all sorts of crap and even a red hot right winger knows ANY leader surounded by either a sycophant or a plotter is f**ked. He will be unsure if he can command a cabinet vote
Boris Johnson can no longer do anything to help anyone not even himself.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th June 2022, 12:00 PM

No the veil is lifted , he has no sparkle and they know it so they need to get rid of him ASAP.
This country is facing all sorts of crap and even a red hot right winger knows ANY leader surounded by either a sycophant or a plotter is f**ked. He will be unsure if he can command a cabinet vote
Boris Johnson can no longer do anything to help anyone not even himself.

I disagree, I think Boris has a Houdini quality. He's been written off that many times yet still manages to survive against all the odds.

Betting odds are 6 to 4 in favour of Boris going this year, the same odds Remainers began on.

Rather depressing news from the States.
I reckon all the women should move to democratic states and let the men just have sex with their guns.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2022, 4:20 PM

I reckon all the women should move to democratic states and let the men just have sex with their guns.

42% of American gun owners are women, and that percentage continues to climb.

I was just wondering.

Does anyone think that Boris Johnstons could be Prime Minister one day?

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2022, 4:20 PM

Rather depressing news from the States.

Its ironic really

All those nut jobs who have tried desperately for years to bring in laws to prevent the 'deaths' of unborn kids

Are the same nut jobs that don't want to lift a damn finger to stop actual living kids from being slaughtered in their classrooms by psychos with assault rifles

I would expect this sort of policy- taking away basic rights and freedoms of women- in communist countries like China - not the USA

But wasn't Rose versus Wades getting in the way of Communism? Now Americans can have millions mores childrens who can all works and pay taxes and then go on to be pensioners with millions mores childrens to pay their pensions.

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th June 2022, 7:18 PM

All those nut jobs who have tried desperately for years to bring in laws to prevent the 'deaths' of unborn kids

Are the same nut jobs that don't want to lift a damn finger to stop actual living kids from being slaughtered in their classrooms by psychos with assault rifles

You'd like that to be true, and possibly even believe it to be true, but it's not.

Overturning Roe v Wade is paving the way for Big Government to interfere in the private lives of American citizens on an unprecedented scale. Republcans are traditionally meant to hate Big Government, but now they apparently love it.