You are right.

I married her this morning.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 9th June 2022, 10:16 PM

The Popes did.

You are right.

I married her this morning.

YAY he's back

*high five*

Rishi has Sunak has been accused of squandering £11bn of taxpayers money by paying too much interest servicing the government's debt.

Calculations by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, the oldest non-partisan economic research institute in the UK, show the losses stem from the chancellor's failure to take out insurance against interest rate rises a year ago on almost £900bn of reserves created by the quantitative easing process.

The loss to taxpayers is greater than the amount Conservatives have accused former Labour chancellor and prime minister Gordon Brown of costing the UK between 2003 and 2010, when he sold some of the nation's gold reserves at rock bottom prices.

Jagjit Chadha, director of Niesr, said Sunak's decisions had saddled the UK with "an enormous bill and heavy continuing exposure to interest rate risk", adding that it was the Treasury's fault.

Un-ber-fkn-leeevable

Petrol £10 a gallon. Unbelievable.

The government have now arranged a tandem to ship all the refugees to Rwanda tomorrow

£250k a wheel.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th June 2022, 9:04 PM

£250k a wheel.

On a serious note, from a couple of years ago...

Rwandan authorities have failed to release their investigations of the fatal shooting of 12 refugees by police in western Rwanda on February 22, 2018, Human Rights Watch said today. A year after the killings, the authorities have not revealed how many people were killed nor have they identified those responsible for using excessive force and held them to account.

Rwandan police fired live ammunition on refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo protesting outside the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) office in Karongi District, Western Province, on February 22, 2018, immediately killing at least eight. Another died later that day from her injuries and two pregnant women who had fled the shooting miscarried. Police sent to guard the Kiziba refugee camp killed three people there as they tried to leave to help the wounded protesters, a witness said.

Starmer sealed his fate today with his slight of Corbyn. I don't like nor agree with 60% of what Corbyn advocates . But for Starmer to use him in that way was beyond crass and quite frankly it made him look weaker than ever.
The leader of any party has to work on unity and the Labour party in particular is a very large tent. This was planned so that means it was workshopped and as such shows it to be passed by others.
Before this fight spreads Starmer and Rayner should be ousted as they bring nothing to anyones table as they are void of both policy and insight. Lets hope something moves as even the Tories are wondering when they can lose power so that they can then blame the Labour government for all the shit they've done.

I agree with your sentiment, but Starman is clearly trying to present as credible and grounded against the backdrop of Boris/Brexit sensationalism and trickery. Corbynites were seen as even more out-of-touch sensationalists, as evidenced by the biggest Conservative win since 1987. He has to distance himself from them. Why change a leader who's so far in front ? He needs pepping up, but he seems to be moving that way.

If he doesn't want the left of his party then he should start a new one that doesn't recognise unions poverty or principles. I'm no fan of the left but there are some policies they extoll that I can agree with. But to ridicule their idol, your MP and give the Tories a cheap laugh to boot is stupdity.
Starmer read out jokes today, it was stiff and after he hit with the first one if he had any understanding he would have dropped the second.
But for a QC you would have to admit that his advocacy skills are terrible. I think people with real convictions tend to be the best orators .

Your right he doesn't understand comedy or have Boris's charisma, but Corbynites are more of a threat to his success than the Conservatives right now. So how else does he reassure the public we're not swinging back to the 70's ? He knows the left won't vote Cons, so he probably picked up more votes than he lost today.

Ten quid for a gallon of petrol! Eight quid for a pint of lager. At least things sounded better when we were decimal.

At least there's decent interest to be got on savings at last

So you can save up for a pint.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 16th June 2022, 6:08 PM

Ten quid for a gallon of petrol! Eight quid for a pint of lager. At least things sounded better when we were decimal.

1 ½p a millilitre for bitter sounds much better.