I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,426

It's a mystery int it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th June 2022, 5:31 PM

Nearly got the day out but there it is ^^^

Lasted 7 hours longer than you, though.?

Apparently, the rail strikes are Labour's fault and Brexit is the Remainer's fault.
Welcome to Boris in Wonderland.

The rail strikes and the unions do provide a useful villain for Boris and the right wing media, so the rail strikes will likely not damage BJ at all.

There's far left, left and normal.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st June 2022, 2:11 PM

There's far left, left and normal.

Que?

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th June 2022, 1:10 PM

Happy 80th birthday to Brian Wilson - the man who (indirectly) bought you "Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band"

You mean half a good album?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2022, 3:32 PM

You mean half a good album?

Well, there is that.
BW was way ahead of his time, though.

Pet Sounds is way better than anything the Beatles ever did.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st June 2022, 4:06 PM

Pet Sounds is way better than anything the Beatles ever did.

I might have to take issue with that - but please don't ask for examples!
But it was an amazing leap forward - a description often, rather lazily, attributed to Sergeant Pepper - hence mt original post.

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st June 2022, 4:10 PM

I might have to take issue with that - but please don't ask for examples!
But it was an amazing leap forward - a description often, rather lazily, attributed to Sergeant Pepper - hence mt original post.

To be fair I'd probably take issue with it as well, but I've always admired the Beatles rather than liked them. Whereas I've always felt more fondly towards The Beach Boys.

To be honest I came quite late to the Beach Boys as a musical force - just thought of them as a Surf band when I was in my teens.
Since then though... amazing work.

The Bea tles. The Bea ch Boys.

Both had tremendous creative periods.

California Girls and Back in the USSR. Yes I love them both.

I'm very much enjoying the pundits and hosts on right wing news channels raging against how well paid rail workers are. These are the exact same metropiltan elite pundits and hosts that get paid stupid amounts of money for spouting opinions that aren't grounded in anything approaching knowledge of the subject.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2022, 9:04 PM

The Bea tles. The Bea ch Boys.

Both had tremendous creative periods.

A rare moment of wisdom from you that I agree with Chappers!

Quote: chipolata @ 22nd June 2022, 5:54 AM

I'm very much enjoying the pundits and hosts on right wing news channels raging against how well paid rail workers are.

And despite being corrected countless times, they persist in using figures that include train drivers - members of ASLEF who aren't going on strike - to make the average wage seem higher. Dishonesty is in their DNA.

On a separate note - Mick Lynch of the RMT is proving to be an absolute star!