I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,898

Lol, no! I will have you banned!

Quote: fopdoodle @ 21st March 2017, 12:50 PM

I am going to fleetingly defend Trump for his lesser crimes, because slagging off his hair and small hands is bullying.

I'm going to forgive Hitler for murdering the Jews because people mocked his jiffy little moustache.

I don't think anyone really gives a tinker's cuss about the paucity of Trump's paws.

Quote: zooo @ 21st March 2017, 1:30 PM

Obscene.

Except for the small fact that Trump's budget doesn't cancel the Meals on Wheels program. But that's what his detractors would like you to think. More fake news...

Quote: keewik @ 21st March 2017, 1:53 PM

But why the Hell are the US citizens paying for his golf jaunts?

For the same reason that we paid for Obama's golf jaunts. And Bush's. And Clinton's. Etc.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st March 2017, 3:52 PM

Except for the small fact that Trump's budget doesn't cancel the Meals on Wheels program. But that's what his detractors would like you to think. More fake news...

The term fake news is terribly irksome. News, by definition, is truth. Then there's bias, spin and outright lies. Political graphics/memes shared on social media tend to be bullshit. A bullshit meme spread through social media was never "news" in the first place. It was just bullshit.

When Trump harps on about "fake news" he's simply saying "I am the only person you can trust because anyone who criticizes me is a liar." Which is infantile.

Back to the Wheel Meals: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/18/meal-on-wheels-trump-budget-proposal-cuts/99308928/ The truth: Trump's budget calls for the elimination of one program that some of the nation's 5,000 Meals on Wheels groups rely on: Community development block grants, a $3 billion program that started in the Ford administration to give states and cities more flexibility in how they combat poverty.

But Trump's proposal -- known as the "skinny budget" because it's the first, vague outline of a more formal submission to come -- is largely silent about the program that provides the vast majority of federal funding for senior services.

"The budget will adversely impact older adults," said Sandy Markwood, CEO of the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging. "We just don't know how much."

Here's why. The majority of Meals on Wheels programs get most of their federal funding through the Administration for Community Living, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services that serves the elderly and disabled. That agency has a $227 million line-item for "home-delivered nutrition services."

Those programs are authorized though the Older Americans Act, a law so popular that its renewal passed Congress last year without any recorded opposition. And while Trump didn't single out that specific program, Health and Human Services will receive a 16% across-the-board cut.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st March 2017, 3:52 PM

For the same reason that we paid for Obama's golf jaunts. And Bush's. And Clinton's. Etc.

Of course Obama didn't go off golfing every weekend. So it's very much not comparable.

Martin McGuinness r.i.h.

Quote: zooo @ 21st March 2017, 4:02 PM

Of course Obama didn't go off golfing every weekend. So it's very much not comparable.

Interestingly enough Trump attacked Obama on that very matter. Now he's spending more time on the golf course than Rory McIlroy.
And he once said he has no time for breaks and vacations cause he's a workoholic, always busy doing something. Even his lapdog Spicer confirmed that character trait.

Quote: zooo @ 21st March 2017, 4:02 PM

President Obama averaged one round of golf every 9 days.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/weve-crunched-the-numbers-and-its-official-president-obama-played-a-lot-of-golf-while-in-office

Obama spent so much time that Trump used to complain about it. It's rather hypocritical now.

Where did he play it? Did it cost $3 million a go? Judging from the pic with that article he was playing in the White House garden...

I'm not a golfer, but surely it's the number of golf trips rather than the number of rounds that is more representative. Saying someone golfed one round per 9 days makes it sound like he ran off to play golf every nine days. Whereas in truth he probably played several rounds at once in a weekend.

I'd have thought.

Quote: zooo @ 21st March 2017, 6:23 PM

Where did he play it? Did it cost $3 million a go? Judging from the pic with that article he was playing in the White House garden...

The White House doesn't have a golf course on its grounds. There's a putting green that's about 20 feet in diameter and that's it.

All presidential excursions are incredibly expensive. They require numerous aircraft, hundreds of law enforcement personnel and weeks of pre-planning. George Bush cut down brush on his ranch and his detractors complained. Obama played golf in Hawaii and his detractors complained. Trump plays golf in Florida and his detractors complained. It's a non-issue, really.

Quote: zooo @ 21st March 2017, 6:23 PM

I'm not a golfer, but surely it's the number of golf trips rather than the number of rounds that is more representative. Saying someone golfed one round per 9 days makes it sound like he ran off to play golf every nine days. Whereas in truth he probably played several rounds at once in a weekend.

A round of golf takes about 5 hours to complete, so it's unlikely that the president or anyone else would play more than a round per weekend. Two at the most. My guess is that President Obama did pay golf every 9 days or so.

Quote: Kenneth @ 21st March 2017, 2:50 PM

I'm going to forgive Hitler for murdering the Jews because people mocked his jiffy little moustache.

I don't think anyone really gives a tinker's cuss about the paucity of Trump's paws.

But these personal attacks may aggravate him more than anything else. Of course we don't care, just like he doesn't care about the people he is in a job to represent and care for, and that's my point. A narcissist only cares about himself - so attacking the individual on his physical traits on top of what he actually says and does simply pours fuel onto the fire.

He has now earned a new status, qualifying from a mere bumbling dimwit to epic moron in one fell swoop by attacking judges . . . AGAIN. Aggravating, or potentially making enemies of the very people who are there to assist and work with you on achieving certain goals has to be one of the most profoundly stupid things any leader can do.

If the FBI come up with the nearest morsel of dirt on him, they should blow it way out of proportion, just as he does with every slightest thing he doesn't like (the warning signs were right there on inauguration day with size of crowd - and unlike the size of that, a boil will only get bigger unless it is lanced) just to take him down.

And all these 'leaked' tax returns do is to demonstrate that the others could be incriminating, so why on earth not show them and have done with it if there's nothing to hide?
I couldn't actually believe my ears when I caught part of Tucker Carlson's interview on March 15, during which Trump said: "I don't care about ME anymore, I care about the people out there". Why would anyone say that they don't care about themselves, unless they care so much about themselves that they can only imagine what someone who might not (and who maybe really DOES care about other people more) might say? This is what he does - says the opposite of what he's actually thinking, but all that does is expose him as a big fat liar because he always takes it right to the extreme by using words like 'fantastic' when describing something that is known is absolutely not. Everything is either fantastic or a disaster, with people either winners or losers to this maniac, with nothing in-between.

Getting him to testify under oath regarding grounds and evidence (of which there is clearly none) for Obama tapping him, then hold him accountable for perjury would be one way of dumping Trump, and the alternatives to Trump might also be unsavoury, but a necessary evil perhaps, as we'll all be losers before long if this madness is allowed to continue.

Policeman shot and people mown down by a car at Westminster. I can't find a way to post a link. Just goggle the BBC News.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st March 2017, 6:07 PM

President Obama averaged one round of golf every 9 days.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st March 2017, 7:16 PM

A round of golf takes about 5 hours to complete.

So Obama must be slow, or really cool. Is this why Trump's holidays cost so much more than Obama's, because he gets more rounds in ? Or is it because fake holidays cost so more ? He still won't show us his tax return the little tyke. Rolling eyes

Quote: keewik @ 22nd March 2017, 3:48 PM

Policeman shot and people mown down by a car at Westminster. I can't find a way to post a link. Just goggle the BBC News.

I had a flat a few blocks from there in Westminster and chose to move back to Edinburgh shortly before the Olympics as I felt they may be an ideal target.

It made me sad that the Christmas markets last year had erected concrete blocks to stop copycat 'drive-bombers', but I have walked past the HOP (and Downing Street) many times and is like a fortress, so how the holy hell this guy got past police then into the grounds is beyond me as they should have authority to shoot to kill if it's clearly a madman/terrorist.

The families of these poor people have just had their lives ruined, and for what? What was achieved exactly?

Sad day.

:(