I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,903

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd April 2017, 12:04 PM

The North Korean leader recently pledged to reduce the United States to ashes via nuclear weapons and another nuke test is expected in the near future, so anyone who says that North Korea isn't a threat should have their head examined.

Trump's bluster is just an effort to get China to crack down on their psychotic stepson.

But surely even a mental retard like Kim Jong-un can see that given even the size of the United States, let alone anyone else, would have no trouble whatsoever in wiping his country of the face of the map in a few seconds.

It's all bluster...................not unless he is actually mental. What a fat bloated turd that "man" is.

On a lighter note, though may replace fear with nausea - Farage . . . and I wouldn't attack anyone's looks unless they actually WERE a toad by achieving victory by deception (stating £350 million to NHS on leaving EU, which they so desperately need now), but if I were him, I would admit to any dalliance on a plane or any other form of transport with anyone who didn't resemble an amphibian, as far from damaging his reputation or popularity further, surely it can only give him kudos at the golf club. I can just picture fellow golfing mates punching him in the arm shouting "you dog!" in admiration.

So why is he denying it? New girlfriend perhaps? Even if this Fox woman is just embellishing the facts for publicity, surely he could benefit from a new image as a philanderer? I mean, it wouldn't exactly make him appear like a 'bad hombre' to his mate Trump . . . more like a chip off the old block.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd April 2017, 12:04 PM

Trump's bluster is just an effort to get China to crack down on their psychotic stepson.

So China's narcissistic cousin is complaining about their psychotic stepson, with Farage gloating in the background. I bet China is hoping they don't have a world family get together any time soon. Especially as Trump has Wall envy. Probably hand envy and modesty envy and...

In other news, the following chap is correcting grammar mistakes on signs for free. Why not become a teaching assistant, rather than the apostro free (sorry) person ? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/03/revealed-self-styled-grammar-vigilante-corrects-badly-punctuated/

Are teaching assistants obsessed with punctuation? They dont just teach English in any case.

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd April 2017, 3:22 PM

In other news, the following chap is correcting grammar mistakes on signs for free. Why not become a teaching assistant, rather than the apostro free (sorry) person ? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/03/revealed-self-styled-grammar-vigilante-corrects-badly-punctuated/

That could plausibly be my ex as we are both grammar AND punctuation nazis.

It's totally unforgivable on signs which have been made by people whose job it is to know, or if they don't, to check, and anyone using an apostrophe in a simple plural is a moron as this is basic literacy that should be ingrained at primary school age.

So I understand the rage, and it actually puts me off being a potential customer of any establishment if the actual title of the business in large letters above the door has a bloody mistake in it as it might as well state instead "We're rather incompetent because we can't even get the basics right but we'll have a go" so it must be bad for business.

If it's a second language, or an issue such as dyslexia - I would have thought there was less margin for error because they'd NEED to look it up, but I saw it all over London, which just comes across as 'nobody really cares' - and that's why it's sad.

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd April 2017, 3:22 PM

I often wondered what Aaron did on his days off.:P

Try correcting someones grammar or spelling on the social media sites and you are in for a world of pain.

They don't like it up em.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th April 2017, 9:24 AM

Try correcting someones grammar or spelling on the social media sites and you are in for a world of pain.

There's a lot of syndromes about these days. Unimpressed Mock ye not the afflicted, or plain f**king lazy.

Batshit crazy Trump's latest cockamamie proposal given the blocking of previous orders is for 'extreme vetting' generally for visitors to U.S. in form of demanding passwords to devices and social media sites.

He isn't a headmaster running a school FFS, but he seems to think he is, and all the new children visiting must comply with school rules and surrender all civil liberties and chuck privacy laws out the window because the big boss man wants to read your diary.

Now I do have a thing about Facebook in not quite understanding why people want to post so much personal information about themselves online, but even on doing so doesn't give anyone else the right to snoop and perhaps discriminate based on the content. Quite apart from the implausibility of the time it could take for just one individual . . . how would they judge a person? Based on what information? It's all open to interpretation, ambiguity and more discrimination based on so many variables which makes it completely unworkable.

And I'm very sad to say that I always intended to go back someday (despite passport control which was pretty harsh 20 years ago), but not now because I will not be treated like a potential criminal any more than I have to be given current rules and regs in Europe. But my visit won't be missed, unlike perhaps many others who may now shun the whole prospect too if "America First" means all johnny foreigners could be bad hombres so should be treated as such, only little if no thought has been given to the damage this could do to the tourist industry. It has already been proved that his immense ignorance of mining technology will NOT mean that his recent measures will create loads of jobs once again, and on top of that he could damage many people's livelihoods in the service industry too.

All megalomaniacs want to be dictators by their very nature, and that's what people voted for. He was never going to listen, and even his staff are complaining of this. All he wants is ultimate control for his benefit and his alone . . . and to hell with anyone who gets in his way. So better just post a few cupcake recipes and pictures of puppies online to be safe, because you could be accused of propaganda or incitement to violence if any of your words or photos are twisted or misinterpreted.

God forbid anything happens from within the mainland, as he'll be banging on about wiretapping again - only this time, it'll be proposing monitoring of the entire population, and you won't even be able to hold a private conversation down the pub.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th April 2017, 9:24 AM

If it's a world of pain then just try a semi-colon.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 5th April 2017, 10:21 AM

Batshit crazy Trump's latest cockamamie proposal given the blocking of previous orders is for 'extreme vetting' generally for visitors to U.S. in form of demanding passwords to devices and social media sites.

I think it's great Trump is being so protectionist, tourists will come to us rather than America. Also we may attract more of the high tech skills from around the world. Mickey Mouse will be getting his p45 soon and he's got Donald to blame.

His proposal for accessing private data will never be passed by the courts, but even without it:

"Since Donald Trump took office, almost a third (29 per cent) of Britons said they have been put off holidaying in America and flight searches to the US have dropped overall by 13 per cent, according to a poll by flight comparison site Cheapflights.co.uk."

"All this has resulted in an estimated loss of $185 million in business travel bookings from January 28 to February 4, as calculated by the Global Business Travel Association. The drop-off in tourism is predicted to result in 4.3 million fewer visitors this year, which adds up to a staggering loss of $7.4 billion in revenue for the US." (independent.co.uk)

So not only has he taken any hope of new jobs away, he'll be systematically taking old ones away while he also breaks its citizens financially with his stupid wall . . . the irony being that people will no longer want to enter the country from the south anyway by the time it's done, if ever.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 5th April 2017, 5:07 PM

The drop-off in tourism is predicted to result in 4.3 million fewer visitors this year, which adds up to a staggering loss of $7.4 billion in revenue for the US."

That's a staggering $2 per American per month. How will we ever survive such a calamity?

Quote: DaButt @ 5th April 2017, 5:17 PM

That's a staggering $2 per American per month. How will we ever survive such a calamity?

Yes - there are too many of you aren't there.

A German has recreated a Fokker Driplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxzg_iM-T4E

Quote: DaButt @ 5th April 2017, 5:17 PM

That's the kind of argument Royalists make about the Royal Family - 'Oh, they only cost you tuppence a week (or whatever)', which isn't the point. It's what the money could be used for, or how the removal of it from one specific source is going to affect the people involved in that area - in this case workers in tourism, some of whom might lose their jobs in such a downturn.