What are you watching on TV? Page 2,100

The supermarkets here have been selling hot cross buns and Easter eggs since at least 7th January.... I suspect they were out closer to Boxing Day though.

2 of my favourite actresses over the past 40 odd years in the Good Karma Hotel.

Amanda Redman and Phylis Logan.

Yes - I realise they are looking a bit older now but of course so am I. Still both very attractive women although Phylis looks better than Amanda.

I watched The Big Painting Challenge . . . amounting to just 2 progs I watch on a Sunday evening.

If anyone saw it, I was bewildered by the blonde.

For first half (first painting) I thought she must be a 'plant' for a joke/hoax and wondered if the hosts were even privy to it as she insisted on spending hours applying her background alone to the 'still life' on the floor without actually attempting any of the objects themselves at all.

Then, for second half (second painting) I thought she must be Keith Lemon as she did virtually the same again, only this time combining hair with the paint.

Strange.

That was rank.

I can't stand hair (that's not attached to a head, obviously).

SAS Rogue Warriors. Fascinating. There were some real loonies in the formative SAS.

Not watching anything as my wife is hogging the tele watching some shit cop show called No Offence or something. It's meant to be a comedy but it isn't so rather than being a good pastiche of a bad genre, it's just a bad shitty cop show.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 12th February 2017, 10:13 PM

I watched The Big Painting Challenge . . . amounting to just 2 progs I watch on a Sunday evening.

If anyone saw it, I was bewildered by the blonde.

For first half (first painting) I thought she must be a 'plant' for a joke/hoax and wondered if the hosts were even privy to it as she insisted on spending hours applying her background alone to the 'still life' on the floor without actually attempting any of the objects themselves at all.

Then, for second half (second painting) I thought she must be Keith Lemon as she did virtually the same again, only this time combining hair with the paint.

Strange.

And to add insult to injury she won the public vote! The hair was a bit of a cliche tactic I thought.
I'm also watching the other painting show with Frank Skinner presenting, though the other week I couldn't help feeling sorry for the portrait sitters as all bar one artist just sat there painting the sitter's face from a photo on their bleedin tablets. Richard E Grant was not impressed.

Caught a bit of that Jimmy bloke who has a farm and is a friend of the Pukka chef Olivier or whatever he calls himself. Anyway.....................................foods around the world and why there are holes in Swiss cheese.

That's it................. (FX tumbleweed) ............ not unless Gordon would like to comment.

Ardal O'Hanlan has replaced Kris Marshall in Death in Paradise.

Quite a few sitcom actors tonight. Suzanna Doyle from Dead Donkey and Jack Dee's mate from Lead Balloon as well as of course the aforementioned Ardal and Danny John Jules.

Dad's Army.

She's got that bloody hair out again. Sick

Ha, I know! And she won again, that's the bleedin' general public for you eh. I liked Angela's best.

I liked the guy who did the pointellism and disappointed all the teachers.

Was watching a very good (aren't they always) BBC4 documentary on the rise and fall of the Ford Dagenham plant, and they touched on the now famous (film made of it?) strike of the ladies in the upholstery department with interviews of people who were there and I had to burst out laughing when this lady shop steward related the story of this woman who they called "Effin' Eileen" who decided when Henry Ford II came on a visit to wear a cap that said BOLLOCKS across it and she wouldn't be persuaded to take it off for anyone, let alone the owner of Ford. Laughing out loud

Love it! Effin' Eileen - I bet she was a character! :D

(some great archive film if you care to try and get it on catch-up)

'The King and I'. Remember being taken to see it at Christmas by my parent's when I was in primary school. Happy days. Sigh!