What are you watching on TV? Page 2,101

Had to restrain myself from profuse weeping at the end.

Quote: zooo @ 19th February 2017, 6:37 PM

She's got that bloody hair out again. Sick

. . . and again - yawn.

If you have a gimmick, using it over and over just makes you look incompetent because you're relying on it rather than your artistic merit, whereas the other artists use hair where it's supposed to be - on the end of their brushes.

Angry

Jeremy Kyle being interviewed by Piers Morgan - could it get any worse.

2 progs on gluttony in one evening.

First on obesity, second on all you can eat buffets.

I kinda get the binge drinking thing as it's so cheap now and we're a bit miserable, but binge eating? The AYCEB may have the perfect business model . . . huge selection and perceived as 'free', but despite being Scottish myself, and surrounded by junk food outlets, I never indulge in it just because it's cheap and available.

So I don't get it. How do they move/do anything afterwards? Mr. Creosote wasn't supposed to be aspirational . . . and personally, I find feeling 'stuffed' really uncomfortable so I tend to eat non-stodgy stuff for, erm, easy transit - and just watching these people push so much in that will have to be evacuated later . . . maybe several times, made me feel physically sick.

Perhaps I'm just lucky because I actually prefer healthy food to brown/beige fried rubbish, but to increase the size of my usual portions because the next plate won't cost me any more? No thanks . . . though I guess this would make me their ideal customer.

:O

Quote: fopdoodle @ 27th February 2017, 7:02 AM

. . . and again - yawn.

If you have a gimmick, using it over and over just makes you look incompetent because you're relying on it rather than your artistic merit, whereas the other artists use hair where it's supposed to be - on the end of their brushes.

Angry

Agree. I 've just ordered some acrylics as I fancy trying a bit of painting, not done any for years and all the watching of art programmes has given me the push. Only trouble is I can't really draw all that well so might end up veering towards the 'abstract' , I'll try not to raid the local hairdressers floor though in the process.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2017, 9:06 AM

Jeremy Kyle being interviewed by Piers Morgan - could it get any worse.

You're actually watching it?

Quote: Chappers @ 1st March 2017, 2:02 PM

You're actually watching it?

No effin' way! Channel hopping and there they were.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st March 2017, 2:28 PM

No effin' way! Channel hopping and there they were.

Liar . . . that's your favourite programme, that is . . .

Quote: fopdoodle @ 1st March 2017, 6:41 PM

Liar . . . that's your favourite programme, that is . . .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChJfh0Y4ycfMbf2SHQzRasg

'Arry 'Ill!

Just seen The Persuaders! Not seen this show since i was a kid. Great fun. A gem!

On the Painting Challenge this week - the only time she didn't use actual hair was when she needed to render it . . . but she still managed somehow to end up with a painting that resembled something you might find washed up on a beach.

But for portraits especially it has to be about composition and proportion first, and it may just be in the editing, but I would have to get that right before slapping bold colours all over it! You can be brilliant at depicting form by using correct palette for light and shade, but if the overall impression is supposed to literal translation, it will never work unless you've interpreted that first.

Good on BBC though for making a prog worth watching for a change.

The Good Karma Hospital.

I can't see myself going to India if I was kicking and screaming. In other words it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. But the cast makes it an enjoyable hour on a Sunday night although it's hard watching Lady Jane dying.

Yes! Suman won!

On Big Painting Challenge, was rooting for her since her magnificent ballerinas which stood streets apart from the others that week.

Nothing against Jennifer, but without using hair, on the portrait, she somehow managed to paint her mother's top on her face and I struggled to make out the features which were fighting against all the pastels.

But Suman a worthy winner as she is clearly gifted.

Cool

I missed the start but I think this is the first episode of One Foot in the Grave on Yesterday.