What are you watching on TV? Page 2,104

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th April 2017, 7:01 AM

Or lob in a nuclear bomb................that's fission.

Ahh, I love fission chips. :) Every Friday night

I didn't watch it last night but I heard my wife watching it in the other room.

The program about benefit scroungers or something.
I could hear her shouting at the TV then coming into me with facts and figures of how much someone was getting paid on benefits.
And how they were scandalized that the government had lowered their weekly handouts.

That is why I wouldn't watch such anger inducing shows.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th April 2017, 11:30 AM

That is why I wouldn't watch such anger inducing shows.

Speaking of which . . . Hardcore Pawn, as it fascinates me how different these shops are from one another given location alone (Pawn Stars in Vegas, Cajun Pawn Stars, Louisiana, I think).

Maybe it's in the editing, but one shop seems to get mainly guns (yawn) while only one has the loudest, rudest, most shouty people I have ever seen. I just can't quite believe they are real so must be actors doing it for the cameras, because if that's how they really behave, how would they get anywhere in life if they think they can obtain what they need by losing control and shouting and swearing incoherently in someone's face?

Like, for instance, just getting a place to live, let alone a job. Last time I rented privately (London) I had to provide so many references for the estate agent (professional and personal) whereas I can't imagine anyone writing to recommend someone that loud, rude and abusive as a tenant.

They're actors - just like on Jerry Springer . . . a show I can only watch on mute, and even then it still hurts my eyes.

Cool

Secret Army on Drama Catch Up. I watched this when it was first on on the 1970s and it was of course the inspiration for Allo Allo!

Just watched the thing about spying on the Duke of Windsor and his wumman. What a pair of self-seeking shits.

Fake Britain.

They're talking about Tattooing inks that potentially are fatal because they're counterfeit.

Well as far as I'm concerned if you want to brand yourself for life then it serves you bloody right!

I have learned not to make that faux pas in unknown company.

Several times I have berated people in general for having tattoos, only for about half of them to show me proudly their hidden monstrosities.
I suspect 50% of people reading this will have a permanently inked image about their person.

Try 'transfers' folks - I'm sure plenty of 'us' old un's remember transfers.
Put it on your arm and lick it for ten minutes then very gently peel the soggy paper off.

50% of adults have a tattoo.

The oldest is Judi Dench.

I don't have one because I am twelve.

And ninety seven.

I can never see the logic to tattoos. You wouldn't wear the same clothes for the rest of your life, or keep wearing the same style of make-up all your life, so why would you want something permanently branded onto you?

I think I have said this before on here but I once went for a job interview - a very important job for me and I was nervous.

I was lead into the directors room to be grilled.

Straight away I noticed the boss. who was very smart and exuded an air of authority had faded LOVE and HATE tattooed on his knuckles.
I wasn't nervous anymore (ex-thug came to mind) I sailed through and got the job.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th April 2017, 12:20 PM

I think I have said this before on here but I once went for a job interview - a very important job for me and I was nervous.

I was lead into the directors room to be grilled.

Straight away I noticed the boss. who was very smart and exuded an air of authority had faded LOVE and HATE tattooed on his knuckles.
I wasn't nervous anymore (ex-thug came to mind) I sailed through and got the job.

For a laugh when he asked if you had any questions you should have said "The only question is why would you get LOVE and HATE tattooed on your knuckles like a predictable goon?

But apart from that no that's everything thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you..."

'Billy Connolly and Me', I think it's called. Don't we need a bloody good laugh today?

Quote: keewik @ 11th April 2017, 11:36 AM

I can never see the logic to tattoos. You wouldn't wear the same clothes for the rest of your life, or keep wearing the same style of make-up all your life, so why would you want something permanently branded onto you?

I have four tattoos - and haven't regretted one of them as they are discreet, can be hidden under clothes and remind me fondly of certain periods of my life.

I don't care for 'stock' tattoos and naff things such as skulls and dolphins, and can't believe what some people get on themselves on these TV shows, and so young so they might regret (I was about 35 when I got my first) and Cheryl Cole or whatever her name is now . . . hers looks like some sort of horrific flesh wound. And I understand why people get their kids' names done, or people they loved and lost, but it's a bit naff if right there on forearm - and the neck is a definite no-no. Classy.

But it's like anything else you choose as a way of expressing yourself such as choice of clothing/style - it comes down to, and is a matter of taste. Like my pet hate of wearing a baseball cap on backwards (instant IQ reducer), if you follow the flock and get the latest thing such as a sleeve or a tribal, you face being judged in life based on the fact that you are a follower rather than a leader.

I am definitely not a follower as I drew mine myself and subject matter is quite random for each and definitely not inspired by anyone else's, but don't claim this makes me a leader either as it's just a personal thing I did for me rather than to 'have on show' for everyone else to see and judge me on.

I am currently not watching TV. I am writing this.

I've never had a tatoo but my best friend has his arms covered by them. I wanted one as a teenager but my mum said I would be in BIG trouble if I did and now I'm not too bothered.

I was sitting on a bus once behind a guy with a tatoo on the back of his neck that made me feel physically sick. What sane person would get this on the back of their neck:

100% pu***y

Maybe he was confused about his sexuality or really did think he was Gods gift but he had bad skin and greasy hair so I don't think he would get much luck with anyone.