I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,869

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 10th January 2017, 7:47 PM

Herc
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective..) in a Representative Democracy the representative does not have to consult or represent the views of his/her electorate.
It's all shit, I think.

I thought that's what I was saying, which doesn't make it right no matter how you look at it - it's one f**king great club that we are all paying for..................you finishited off with a nice turn of phrase though, which just about encapshites it all. :D

Yes wee can.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th January 2017, 11:55 AM

Yes wee can.

Oh Gordon, that's such a shame. :( So you don't have proper toilets in Switzerland then? And there was me thinking the Swiss were an advanced nation.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th January 2017, 12:00 PM

Oh Gordon, that's such a shame. :( So you don't have proper toilets in Switzerland then?

Au contraire, me old mucka! Au contraire.

Well at least you don't have to leave the window ajar and say "I'd leave it 10 minutes" to the next customer...................that's nice. :)

So, maybe it won't be Trump who'll press the button. Looks like it's more likely to be the Chinese in retaliation for his insane policies. Let's hope they'll blooter the whole planet and those of us who're further away won't have to die slowly from the effects of radiation.

P.S. a free Mars Bar for anybody who guesses correctly who'll be the first to disagree with me (Da Butt completely exempt from the process) -2 possible candidates.

Not much sport in it!

Quote: keewik @ 13th January 2017, 10:28 PM

(Da Butt completely exempt from the process)

Ah, there's some of that rampant hatred of foreigners that they're blaming on Donald Trump... ;)

Isn't one of his henchmen threatening to block the Chinese from the 'islands' they've created and the Chinese are saying there will be 'serious consequences'?

Quote: zooo @ 13th January 2017, 11:06 PM

Not much sport in it!

You may win the Mars Bar. I'll wrap it specially in Christmas paper.

Quote: keewik @ 13th January 2017, 11:27 PM

Isn't one of his henchmen threatening to block the Chinese from the 'islands' they've created and the Chinese are saying there will be 'serious consequences'?

No idea, but there's no need for quotes around "islands" since they actually are islands. They've built them big enough to house runways for China's largest military aircraft and they have been recently fitted with missiles and other weapons systems. They're essentially military fortresses.

China are militarizing a disputed region and it has been American (Obama's) policy that our aircraft and ships will continue to pass through the region unimpeded. The Chinese are clearly eager to pick a fight over it, and it will almost certainly lead to a small-scale shooting confrontation in the years to come. Who knows who will be in the White House at the time it all comes to a head, but it's almost a forgone conclusion at this point. If you've been reading the news, you'll also see that neighboring countries like Vietnam, Japan and Korea are also pushing back against the Chinese expansion and are also gearing up militarily. China is itching for a fight and they'll likely get it eventually.

Hi Da butt,

Don't know if you have seen this but i found it fascinating. It told me a lot i didn't know.

It was shown on ITV here.

https://solarmovie.sc/movie/the-coming-war-on-china-18580/564951-8/watching.html

Quote: keewik @ 13th January 2017, 10:28 PM

So, maybe it won't be Trump who'll press the button. Looks like it's more likely to be the Chinese in retaliation for his insane policies. Let's hope they'll blooter the whole planet and those of us who're further away won't have to die slowly from the effects of radiation.

P.S. a free Mars Bar for anybody who guesses correctly who'll be the first to disagree with me (Da Butt completely exempt from the process) -2 possible candidates.

Yes, I always said, back in the 60s when we all thought nuclear war was imminent, I'd rather be under the bomb when it falls rather than survive it. Even more so now I've reached the autumn of my years.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th January 2017, 9:35 AM

Yes, I always said, back in the 60s when we all thought nuclear war was imminent, I'd rather be under the bomb when it falls rather than survive it. Even more so now I've reached the autumn of my years.

My God! We've agreed about something. Now I'll have to eat the Mars Bar by myself.
:P

I want to go how Slim Pickens did in Dr. Strangelove.

Quote: keewik @ 14th January 2017, 10:54 AM

My God! We've agreed about something. Now I'll have to eat the Mars Bar by myself.
:P

Well I don't normally bother to respond if I agree and have nothing useful to add (not much point in having numerous posts all saying "! agree"). But I gathered from the final sentence of your original post that there might be a Mars bar depending on my - and someone else's - reaction, so I thought I'd better post a response on this occasion. :)