I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,842

Quote: DaButt @ 25th August 2016, 2:57 AM

I'd feel a lot better about our upcoming election if Nigel Farage were running instead of Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS8yKmAO6n8

Two rabble rousers!

RIP Gene Wilder!
:(:(:(

Penguin Sir Nils Olav is Promoted to Brigadier -

http://www.today.com/pets/meet-brigadier-sir-nils-olav-penguin-who-knows-how-important-t102270

Joheim Needlemyer RIP

It is with some sadness that the death has been announced of Joheim Needlemyer famous folk musician and international bed wetter. Many of us remember the year 1966 when Dylan went electric, but who amongst us now recalls the infamous night in that same year when Needlemyer with his backing band The Blue Tits swapped his Jewish harp for the stylophone at The Bootle Women's Institute. The outrage amongst the folk community was palpable, ending with the infamous cry from the crowd by a lone voice of 'St Thomas Aquinas'; leading to silence and general confusion. This moment sealed Needlemyer's place in infamy. He later became controversially a born again Zoroastrian and released his acclaimed albums, Slow Tram Delayed, Saved with the Provincial, and Blood on the Tintacs. His short but infamous marriage to the widower Ava Braun was tempestuous. The short haired Tank mechanic from Düsseldorf did however lead to the melancholy genius that was the song Sad Eyed lady of the Fatherland. Needlemyer will be long remembered for songs such as, Like a rolling a barrel, knocking on Kevin's door, and Mr Glockenspiel man. His full life ended after a fit of coughing due to an espresso accidentally going up his nose whilst laughing at off colour joke.

Muddle, you have lightened my day.

:)

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 31st August 2016, 2:55 PM

Joheim Needlemyer RIP

It is with some sadness that the death has been announced of Joheim Needlemyer famous folk musician and international bed wetter. Many of us remember the year 1966 when Dylan went electric, but who amongst us now recalls the infamous night in that same year when Needlemyer with his backing band The Blue Tits swapped his Jewish harp for the stylophone at The Bootle Women's Institute. The outrage amongst the folk community was palpable, ending with the infamous cry from the crowd by a lone voice of 'St Thomas Aquinas'; leading to silence and general confusion. This moment sealed Needlemyer's place in infamy. He later became controversially a born again Zoroastrian and released his acclaimed albums, Slow Tram Delayed, Saved with the Provincial, and Blood on the Tintacs. His short but infamous marriage to the widower Ava Braun was tempestuous. The short haired Tank mechanic from Düsseldorf did however lead to the melancholy genius that was the song Sad Eyed lady of the Fatherland. Needlemyer will be long remembered for songs such as, Like a rolling a barrel, knocking on Kevin's door, and Mr Glockenspiel man. His full life ended after a fit of coughing due to an espresso accidentally going up his nose whilst laughing at off colour joke.

:D

Good to have you back.

Hope that Gordon sees this.

Weirdly, a few moments ago, while doing the washing-up, I was idling wondering which iconic figure would also die this year, and Dylan was the first name that popped in my head - prompted by the fact I was listening to the Stones' cover of Like A Rolling Stone at the time.

Hi George hope you well. I have a feeling Dylan may be immortal as is Leonard Cohen and Keith Richards. Anybody who can live their lives and survive to old age must be indestructible. Glad to hear Gordon's still about :)

I see the UK Government is funding the building of a wall at Calais to help keep illegal immigrants from entering the UK. I don't think that building a wall to curb illegal migration is considered racist by anybody, so actually it's probably OK...

Gulp! Bovver wasps are on their way

WARNING: Swarms of "drunk, unemployed and angry" German wasps could hit the UK DARREN BURKE 09:57 Wednesday 07 September 2016 0 HAVE YOUR SAY "Bored, angry and drunk" German wasps could start attacking and stinging people in in the UK at random, experts have warned. People are being warned to watch out for swarms of the insects which are now at their angriest - and most likely to sting for no reason. Pest control chiefs says the German wasps - called yellowjackets and whose Latin name is Vespula Germanica - can give a much nastier sting than the common wasp. The worker wasps, which are bigger than normal wasps but smaller than hornets, have now finished their work supplying the queen wasps with nectar and have nothing to do. The queens have now finished laying their eggs and have left the nest, meaning the worker wasps are no longer tending to the queen and are instead getting drunk on fermenting fruit. At this time of the year - especially as the UK continues to bask in a summer heatwave - worker wasps feast on fermented fruit, meaning they are tipsy and extra bold. Pest control firm Cleankill Environmental Services say people should be wary of the German wasps - which can sting repeatedly - at the moment, especially when having picnics or barbecues. Boss Paul Bates said the wasps are now at their "most aggressive and dangerous" and are "particularly active" at the moment - and warned that if you try to swat a solitary wasp, it could "call for back-up" and you could end up being attacked by a swarm.

Maybe we should build a wall to keep them out! :P

Quote: Ronald S @ 7th September 2016, 2:50 PM

Gulp! Bovver wasps are on their way

We're being inundated with billions of American snout butterflies as they head to Mexico for the upcoming winter. My neighbors and I spent the weekend drinking beer outside and they were flying by at the rate of hundreds per minute.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/butterfly-invasion-takes-over-san-antonio/314766991

Maybe Mexico should build a wall to keep them out! :P

I would imagine the rest of Europe would gladly fund it if we promised to stay behind it :)

Quote: DaButt @ 25th August 2016, 2:57 AM

I'd feel a lot better about our upcoming election if Nigel Farage were running instead of Donald Trump.

This might change your mind: http://25logicalreasonstovotefordonaldtrump.com/