I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,840

He's trespassing on private property

Why is nobody shooting him dead?

Pfffffff Americans are getting soft...

Lol, Tarby.
Jeez. They grabbed him. That could have gone SO wrong.

Quote: chipolata @ 6th August 2016, 10:51 AM

I remember the police once tried to stop me to give me a helmet and a fluorescent body warmer. I ignored them and just peddled past.

Good for you, ignorance is your weapon.

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th August 2016, 11:27 PM

He's trespassing on private property

Why is nobody shooting him dead?

Pfffffff Americans are getting soft...

They should fine him the costs associated with his apprehension and give this money to charities for the limbless. Apparently he may be mentally unstable which might explain his lack of regard for the welfare of self and others and on this basis I would waive the fine and impose a supervision order. After that I'd have lunch.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 11th August 2016, 10:59 AM

Good for you, ignorance is your weapon..

:D

Really weird Top 4 gold and silver medal table at the moment:

US - 28 and 28
GB - 18 and 18
China - 15 and 15
Russia - 12 and 12

Ooh, weird. The chances of that is probably billions to one or something.
Even though it doesn't seem THAT amazing, just quite weird.

Quote: zooo @ 16th August 2016, 10:54 PM

Spot on!

You've summed that up brilliantly. :D

Quote: zooo @ 16th August 2016, 10:54 PM

What's weird is the lack of pride/excitement among you lot in besting the Chinese in the medal tally. Britain has never before finished above China, and the Chinese aren't enjoying the current tally. Looking at the excuses being made by the Chinese media, it's like the page in Asterix at the Olympic Games where the Gauls bitch about local conditions (altitude, soft track, hard climate, different food) they feel are preventing Asterix from winning a race.

I'm sort of quietly impressed, that we are so small and they are so big and we're still doing better. But, meh. I hadn't noticed until you said it, and I'm not really all that jingoistic.

(Is that the word I mean?)

Quote: zooo @ 17th August 2016, 9:51 AM

I'm sort of quietly impressed, that we are so small and they are so big and we're still doing better. But, meh. I hadn't noticed until you said it, and I'm not really all that jingoistic.

(Is that the word I mean?)

That's the word. Should've gone to Ladbrokes a few weeks ago and bet on China to finish third. Though it's not over yet.

Actually the Chinese are small.

It has been proven by history that small people are better at politics than sport.

If children had been in charge of the world, the world would have been less hormonal.

Quote: Kenneth @ 17th August 2016, 2:18 AM

What's weird is the lack of pride/excitement among you lot in besting the Chinese in the medal tally. Britain has never before finished above China, and the Chinese aren't enjoying the current tally. Looking at the excuses being made by the Chinese media, it's like the page in Asterix at the Olympic Games where the Gauls bitch about local conditions (altitude, soft track, hard climate, different food) they feel are preventing Asterix from winning a race.

Who the Hell cares? If people are that interested in sport, they should be out taking part, instead of sitting on their arses goggling at it on TV .

Quote: keewik @ 17th August 2016, 8:37 PM

Who the Hell cares? If people are that interested in sport, they should be out taking part, instead of sitting on their arses goggling at it on TV .

Many people care. If they didn't, it wouldn't be televised. One need not be among the top percent of elite athletes to enjoy watching sport and even taking pride in the sporting prowess of one's favorite team or country. Your argument is akin to saying: "Who the hell cares about sitcoms? If people are that interested in sitcoms, they should be making them, instead of sitting on their arses and posting their postulations online."

I would suggest that a person can play sport and also enjoy watching it on telly. Likewise, a sitcom fan, who spends hours sat watching the stuff, might also try their hand at writing/acting/production.

I'm enjoying us stuffing the Australians, especially in the cycling despite them miserably failing to psych out the Brits. Whistling nnocently

Oh and............ Laughing out loud

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"
Founder member of the "Bring back the old boards" movement

I've not watched any yet. Apart from the clip I was directed to of a Japanese pole vaulter dislodging the pole with his cock. But I do follow the medal tally daily and keep an eye on the records.