I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,843

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 7th September 2016, 1:07 PM

I see the UK Government is funding the building of a wall at Calais to help keep illegal immigrants from entering the UK. I don't think that building a wall to curb illegal migration is considered racist by anybody, so actually it's probably OK...

Not racist at all but the lazy f**king Frogs (NOT racist) should send them all back home before they get that far. It's THEIR FUCKING PROBLEM!!! Not ours!

Frogs? France maison de la culture et de la nourriture. may as well start these sentences with I'm not a racist but.....

Hello old friend, I read the news today oh boy! thread...

*cuddles thread*

I've lost my thread

I hate French people being called 'frogs'. Reminds me of an EX- friend, an out and out racist ( which is why she's an EX- friend) who always used that word.

OK but why don't they abide by the laws instead of complaining that we are to blame for that shit hole in Calais.

I agree. I'm sure the rules are that you have to ask for asylum in the first place you arrive. I just hate the use of the word 'frog'.

Do you also dislike the term 'ros bif' the French equivalent for the British.

To be honest I've never heard that, but I suppose I don't like any of these terms for nationalities. It's usually just as easy to say the correct name.

Limeys, poms, kiwis, yanks, aussies, cuddles, sweetie pie...

We all have affectionate nicknames fot those we love.

Quote: keewik @ 13th September 2016, 9:29 AM

To be honest I've never heard that, but I suppose I don't like any of these terms for nationalities. It's usually just as easy to say the correct name.

It's also good practice because then it's quite clear to everyone which nationality you are putting down,

e.g. "Those awful, arrogant [SELECT NATIONALITY OF CHOICE] people".

Clarity.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th September 2016, 9:41 AM

We all have affectionate nicknames fot those we love.

Such affection is sadly absent from Billy Bunter Among the Cannibals. One a side note, Bunter, did you ever see the Bunter spoof comic in Viz?

Quote: Kenneth @ 13th September 2016, 11:16 AM

Such affection is sadly absent from Billy Bunter Among the Cannibals. One a side note, Bunter, did you ever see the Bunter spoof comic in Viz?

You would be short on affection, too, if you'd been tied to a tree by a bunch of spear-wielding cannibals with their evening meal in mind.

And, no, certainly not.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th September 2016, 1:57 PM

You would be short on affection, too, if you'd been tied to a tree by a bunch of spear-wielding cannibals with their evening meal in mind.

And, no, certainly not.

Cannibals? Nastier terms were employed in the book.

The Viz spoof is excellent. I'm pretty sure it was by Davey Jones (the geezer who does Gilbert Ratchet and the Vibrating Bum-Faced Goats). It was called Billy Punter. Wharton, Nugent et al are constantly feasting on prostitutes. Bunter keeps trying to steal them. Quelch is a brothel-keeper or some such. It was very stupid but very close to the plotting/style of the books. I cannot remember the issue number, perhaps somewhere between 100 to 150.